Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently have an 06 4WD Frontier with stock suspension and need new tires, so was considering getting a leveling kit, but I have some questions as I'm not very savvy when it comes to knowing about suspension components.

I've done a little research and have read that if I go with 3'' i'll need new UCA, and don't have the budget to spend over $200 on suspension (broke college student!). I'd like to go with 33" tires if possible.. probably the Discoverer STT

I see that on PRG's website, the company i'd prefer to go with, doesn't offer 2.5'' just 2.0''. How is the 2.5'' Rough Country kit? Does it compare to the quality of PRG? I heard that PRG is aluminum, and is better then steel due to rust issues etc.

Thanks for any input, no better place to ask questions then a forum

·
Registered
660 Posts
he has 3" also just look at the options on the right

PRG Products

·
Registered
660 Posts
oh ok so r u 4wd

·
Registered
660 Posts
yeah the most info u can post about ur truck will help others give a better answer. just fyi we have all forgotten before so its no biggie

·
Registered
431 Posts
i have the rough country on my nismo 4x4 it kinda clears 285/70/17s it cost a total of less than $100 took maybe an hr&1/2 to install w/ basic tools didnt need an alignment and ive only had contact issues at full droop runnin like 50 down dirt roads

so yeah i like em id still like a titan swap but i too am a broke college kid so these were great for me and work just fine for the street and minor offroad

·
Premium Member
13,408 Posts
i have the rough country on my nismo 4x4 it kinda clears 285/70/17s it cost a total of less than $100 took maybe an hr&1/2 to install w/ basic tools didnt need an alignment and ive only had contact issues at full droop runnin like 50 down dirt roads
That kit's a 2.5 inch spacer, right? And you didn't need an alignment?

I was in baaaad need of an alignment when I installed my 2.5 inch ADF spacers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The front should be lower than the back. I was told that the shocks would raise the front to be higher than the back (They are adjustable so you pick how high you want to raise the front). So I would say less than an 1.5 inches. I have been saving my money to buy these because it will level out my truck without having to align the front end( SO I'm told).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The front should be lower than the back. I was told that the shocks would raise the front to be higher than the back (They are adjustable so you pick how high you want to raise the front). So I would say less than an 1.5 inches. I have been saving my money to buy these because it will level out my truck without having to align the front end( SO I'm told).
Right. I got it backwards on that post. I wanna get the leveling kit to raise the front end and make it level with the rear. I'm just not sure whether or not I want to raise the rear up as well, while still making things level. What's holding me back is how much higher i can get the truck without having to spend some serious $$$ (UCA etc). Basically, I want to go as high as possible without needing other expensive suspension components :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
431 Posts
That kit's a 2.5 inch spacer, right? And you didn't need an alignment?

I was in baaaad need of an alignment when I installed my 2.5 inch ADF spacers.
got one just to be safe but the rough country is basically remove strut, bolt spacer to top of strut, reinstall strut 180 so ur really not movin stuff around that much

·
Registered
431 Posts
What do you mean by "kinda"? is that tire size equivalent to 33" tires?
yeah theyre 33s but what i was refering is that they clear 90% of the time but under compression they still rub in the middle of a turn theyr not in any danger of bein cut its just annoying

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah theyre 33s but what i was refering is that they clear 90% of the time but under compression they still rub in the middle of a turn theyr not in any danger of bein cut its just annoying
Gotcha. Correct me if i'm wrong, but stock vs stock isn't the nismo lifted higher then the regular 4wd frontier?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Gotcha. Correct me if i'm wrong, but stock vs stock isn't the nismo lifted higher then the regular 4wd frontier?
yeah its like 1.75in IIRC that just comes from the stiffer bilsteins

1 - 20 of 26 Posts