Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stock right now but I think a leveling kit would look nice and be a good easy low cost first step.

Anybody have pictures of mostly stock with just the leveling kit?

Also, any input on change in gas mileage with just a leveling kit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put a leveling kit on mine (2" front, 1.5" rear) with new rims and tires. Check out the '06 Blk Nismo CC Pics thread in the new members forum. if you are not upgrading your tires, gas mileage shouldn't change. My RPM levels are very close with my new tires which are about 1.5" taller than stock. I am putting in a CAI to offset whatever minimal reductions there are and give a little more power. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just put a leveling kit on mine (2" front, 1.5" rear) with new rims and tires. Check out the '06 Blk Nismo CC Pics thread in the new members forum. if you are not upgrading your tires, gas mileage shouldn't change. My RPM levels are very close with my new tires which are about 1.5" taller than stock. I am putting in a CAI to offset whatever minimal reductions there are and give a little more power. Hope this helps.
Looks good. How much was the leveling kit installed?

·
Registered
839 Posts
I am stock right now but I think a leveling kit would look nice and be a good easy low cost first step.

Anybody have pictures of mostly stock with just the leveling kit?

Also, any input on change in gas mileage with just a leveling kit?
You're gonna loose a MPG at most with a lift more than likely, mine went down a bit after my lift.

As for a good simple lift kit, I'd reccomend the readylift kit. its got 2.5 inch spacers up front and 1.5 inch shackles in back to give you a level lifted ride, a few guys have bought it on here so i'm sure a search for readylift will eventually net you a pic or two

Advantages: inexpensive, easy, shackles give you more flex in back and no added axle wrap, doesn't change the feel of your ride, and you don't have to buy longer rear shocks. Also, the readylift kit comes with bumpstops and alignment bolts standard which you will absolutely need for your front suspension
Disadvantages: will get a bit of upper bucket contact with 2.5 inch spacers, and shackles tend to flatten out over time

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Mine was installed today, by me. Took me a few hours, as it was my 1st lift I've ever installed, learning curve hehe.

Cost me $60.00 and its looks sooooo much better! Its just 2.5'' in the front, and stock rear. The front of my truck was lower than the rear.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Glacier do you have a picture of the whole truck with the front raised 2.5 inches? I thought 2" up front would make the truck level. Mine is currently set up like a funny car.....I want the truck levelled with the minimum amount of mods....what kit should I go with?

Here it is right now.

Sorry for the thread jacking, but I am kind of torn on which kit to get. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Look at my gallery for the ready lift kit with stock wheels/tires

·
Registered
637 Posts
Go to PRG's website and look at the galery, there is a lot of good photos (including mine :))

·
Registered
792 Posts
here's mine with the PRG 2" leveling kit installed, everything else stock. No difference in mileage. 22ish on the highway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts