Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So i am ready to pull the trigger on a leveling/lift kit for my 06 CC. Its my daily so i am thinking about going with the ready lift kit that comes with the cam bolts, shackles, spacers, bump stops. My question is with the bump stops. I know i need to install some on the UCA to stop bucket contact, but all the instructions say to replace the LCA bump stop. Do i need to do both with this kit? install the supplied bump stop which looks taller on the LCA and then buy seperate ones for the UCA? Also, is there already a hole for the UCA ones? or do i use my best judgement and drill my own? Any input would be great. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here is a youtube video from ready lift.
Looks like you drill holes in the UCA's

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
I did not watch the video but have some comments on bump stops with regards to the front suspension.

When adding a spacer type lift/leveling kit you are increasing the total effective length of your shock/spring but not increase the stroke length of the shock. Depending on how much lift or spacer thickness, this can result in bottoming out your shock or crushing it when you compress your suspension to its max needing the LCA bump stop to stop the travel. A taller LCA bump stop is thus needed to reduce the amount of compression travel so that the shock does not destroy itself. The stock yellow nismo/pro4x bilstein shock is slightly longer than the OEM black shock so it will need the taller LCA bump stop when it might not be needed for the black shock. I do not think that the Ready lift kit comes with a taller LCA bump. It is also why they say not to be used for the nismo/pro4x.

As for the upper control arm bump stop, this is a drop stop. Suspension use to need a stop to limit the amount of drop travel, so that the shock does not top out. Back in the day if you topped out a shock you can pull the shaft right out of the body. Seen this done a couple of times. Now shocks have an internal bump stop when it is extended to its max length. When adding a spacer the UCA will contact the coil bucket before the internal shocks top out bumper is reached resulting in the clank. When I added a UCA bumper, I used an existing hole, drilled it out slightly (?), and tapped it to the bump stops mounting stud. Then I threaded the bumper right into the UCA. The Readylift kits UCA bumper looks pretty fancy instead of the disk type I used. They might have a specific location and require a newly drilled hole. The disk type bump gets alot of sideways "smeering" loads. THis is hard on the disk and they tear easily. THe ready lift bump probably last longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts