Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i installed a leveling kit 3'front 2'rear

I called our local nissan delear to s hedule the alignment..service member said that i need to purchase eccentric bolts(camber bolt)..have anyone had this problem when it was time to align your truck?

Or do you know if installing leveling kit allows to adjust toe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Yes you will need to purchase cam bolts. Idk why Nissan doesn't use them anymore, I think only 2005 models came with these eccentric bolts from the factory. You can purchase from other places other than the dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes you will need to purchase cam bolts. Idk why Nissan doesn't use them anymore, I think only 2005 models came with these eccentric bolts from the factory. You can purchase from other places other than the dealer.
So i would be able to use 05 eccentric bolts for my 2015?

How many bolts would i need to purchase for both pass n driver side suspension

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yes, ones from an 05 will work. That said the eccentric bolts are only good for adjusting camber and caster. Toe adjustment us by far the most important alignment spec to get correct in order to prevent outside/inside tire wear. You adjust toe using the tie rods, not the eccentric bolts. Is there a specific reason you are going to the dealer for alignment? Now that your rig is lifted, having a tech throw it on the alignment rack and get it to factory spec may not do much. I'd call around to any 4x4 modding kinda shops in your town and see who they us for alignments. Guaranteed there's a shop that will gear you up better then the dealer.

Also see this:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/showthread.php?t=134009&share_tid=134009&share_fid=90735&share_type=t

Alignment Instructions to Give to Your Tech (via Brutal & nismo4x)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't expect good camber #s from the bolts alone, a set of adj upper control arms may be required. The bolts don't offer enough adjustment to get it right(/ \). I have a GOOD alignment guy and mine is still \ /.

·
Registered
309 Posts
With 3in in the front, you're going to have a lot of positive camber, the bolts aren't going to do you a whole lot of good. You're going to want/need adjustable UCAs to get the camber right, and to keep you from having constant coil bucket contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts