Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried askin some questions over on a couple of the chevy forums but no one really had a straight answer for me and I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people here so here it goes. I have a 2007 new body style z71 and I was wonderin if you could use a strut spacer and a strut extension and it not be too much of a stress on your ball joints or anything else. Just using one or the other doesn't really level it completely. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I don't think anyone on here will be able to give you a definite answer since we are not sure how much of a lift is needed to make it level.

I do know that stacking lifts on eachother is not a recommended thing. It just adds more variables to the "what can break" equation.

You may be forced to do some kind of drop bracket lift so that you CV joints are not skewed too much.

Have you searched around to see what other guys are running? This may be a good place to start.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i havent come across anybody running this set up so far. the truck probably has about a 3 in rake. rough country makes a kit with a drop diff bracket, ucas, ball joints, and a spacer that is supposedly 3 inches but ive heard it just as much as a regular spacer kit. I was thinking if i bought this kit and added a strut extension i should be alright but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Strut extensions are not a good thing. They increase the length of the possible buckeling area which is not good.

Is there any way you can get the kit used and have a custom spacer made or buy the correct one?

Heck, you may be able to get a larger spacer from them and have it swapped out for the stock one.

Also, how many miles do you have on the truck? I just wonder if it has settled down in the rear yet or not.

Lastly, a slight rake is good if you ever carry anything in the back of your truck. It may be good to have a 0.5-1.0 rake.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im sure it is settled in the back by now it has about 27k miles on it and im pretty sure the biggest spacer i can find is 3 in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts