Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello peeps... there's something specific I'm looking for here. I would like to see actual member photos of their trucks that have the drop-step style side rails, where there's a single bar close to the Frontier body running the length of the side area, and then a pair of steps attached that drop down, like this:

I don't need to see: A. Nfab, I don't like how those particularly look for some reason; B. OEM, because I have them already; C. full-length running boards, because that's not something I want at all; D. Anyone preaching about "real sliders" because I've already had real sliders, I know what I'm asking/looking for and sliders are not what I'm asking about in this thread. Let's see how many people actually read this before posting wrong LOL :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2016 Silver CC SB 2WD SV
15 Posts
I’m also very interested. My wife has a bad back, and the standard side steps are still a bit too high of a first step for her. Curious to see how they look in real life, rather than a digital image.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4x AT
174 Posts
i have the rough country steps. I’m stock and measurement to bottom of front step is about 9.5” and rear I want to say is 11.5” if I recall correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,120 Posts
Hello peeps... there's something specific I'm looking for here. I would like to see actual member photos of their trucks that have the drop-step style side rails, where there's a single bar close to the Frontier body running the length of the side area, and then a pair of steps attached that drop down, like this:

View attachment 332177

I don't need to see: A. Nfab, I don't like how those particularly look for some reason; B. OEM, because I have them already; C. full-length running boards, because that's not something I want at all; D. Anyone preaching about "real sliders" because I've already had real sliders, I know what I'm asking/looking for and sliders are not what I'm asking about in this thread. Let's see how many people actually read this before posting wrong LOL :ROFLMAO:
raine, I thought you did light wheeling... why do you want something that can get caught on rocks & roots?

·
Premium Member
7,125 Posts
But, but, but.............

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Frontier Pro4x AT
174 Posts
I really like the look of those. I’ll measure my steps tomorrow, but I think those are definitely lower than what I have.
Yeah they hang down a bit lower than what I thought they would but only had break over issues a couple times on real steep or rutted trails. They’re pretty solid so they can take a beating when you hit and won’t dent. I got them to future proof when I lift it since my gf and mom are both on the shorter side

·
Registered
2016 Silver CC SB 2WD SV
15 Posts
Yeah they hang down a bit lower than what I thought they would but only had break over issues a couple times on real steep or rutted trails. They’re pretty solid so they can take a beating when you hit and won’t dent. I got them to future proof when I lift it since my gf and mom are both on the shorter side
That’s awesome to hear. Definitely what I’m looking for. My truck is our family vehicle, so no trail riding for me to worry about. Just occasional dirt trails when camping. Thank you for the great info. It’ll help the kiddos too!

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to see actual member photos of their trucks that have the drop-step style side rails
So far, only @wrenchturner has actually given what I asked for, and the photo was perfect haha

raine, I thought you did light wheeling... why do you want something that can get caught on rocks & roots?
Call it "Realistic practicality."

When my truck is daily-driven, 95% of the time the steps are used. That 5% or so that this truck goes off-road, I don't rock crawl.
If I go armor again on this truck, real skids will happen before sliders.

But, but, but.............
waka waka waka waka

·
Registered
942 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Thanks @mxtreme30 - the more you guys show me the RC steps, the more they look like what I'm after.
NP! Really like looks of mine. Got them mainly for the navigator since she has hard time getting in and out without them. Just don't tell her my plans for the 1" body lift! 🤫 Finish has held up great and I've heard a few times where they've saved a gnarly rock from hitting rockers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Welp looks like I'll be selling mine and trying to find some of these rc steps. I really like the way they look but... they .. just aren't doing it for me. I thought it was a cute idea to stop in mud with my son and pretend I was stuck, only to actually get stuck, and they were very much in the way of digging myself out.

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
79 Posts
I've been considering this type of step for the family. I'm just concerned they'll be in my way, getting out especially. Would one of you guys with the RC version mind measuring from the step surface up to the door sill and farthest point out as well? Have also considered the ebay version. Seems there are a few sets here on this site.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts