Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
The truck handled all the loads with no problem. Same trailer in all the photos, it is 20ft long. The tractor was too much and I wouldn’t recommend it. If the tractor weight was centered over the trailer axles, it would have been better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Jayco sport 8, 1700lbs fully loaded, prob ~175lbs tongue weight, [email protected], could barely tell it was there. New camper, about 3800lbs, a lot of squat, closer to 10mpg, and feels like an anchor (lots of front surface area and just static weight behind me. Wouldn’t want to tow anymore weight than that, unless it was a car on a flatbed/lower than the bed rails. Maybe a 5000 utility trailer or landscaping trailer, nothing taller/heavier than what I have though. Scoured my phone for a picture of it hooked up, I don’t have one...

·
Registered
32 Posts

10,180lb per truck scale. ~4500lb trailer with about 4000lb on the trailer axles and 6000 on the truck. It was heavy but drove a lot better than I thought it would. California to the Southeast. Averaged 14.9mpg with the 6 speed.

·
Registered
896 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
10,180lb per truck scale. ~4500lb trailer with about 4000lb on the trailer axles and 6000 on the truck. It was heavy but drove a lot better than I thought it would. California to the Southeast. Averaged 14.9mpg with the 6 speed.
That's some impressive fuel economy! I'm forecasting 10mpg towing the same 6x12 U-haul from LA to DFW.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,097 Posts
dang, hardly any drop. I expected a bit more low rider from that sand. sand is heavy

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think the road mix was heavier and it drooped a little bit more. I think I have HD springs in the back. Don't really remember. I just brought home a load of 100 bricks, the drop was barely noticeable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We’re up in the mountains for a week on a working vacation. Loaded the bed totally down with our stuff, cargo box had the wheels on my office chair And all the lighter stuff, 3 dogs on the flattened back seats and cat up front with my wife. Cooler on the shell rack (pulled that off an Xterra totaled in a junkyard), in hindsight I should have also put the second cooler up there to make the ratcheting easier. It was noisy but totally stable even at 70mph. You can fit a lot in and on these trucks, I had a little room to spare!

Attachments

·
Registered
Great truck
1,097 Posts
I need hd springs.

I didn't even think to take a pic of my little fully loaded 8x10 trailer making my truck low ride versus my 17' travel trailer barely making a droop

21 - 40 of 49 Posts