Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would let you all know who are looking for LED bulbs for turns but don't feel like adding resistors that I found a set of switchbacks from LASFIT that don't require external resistors and are fully plug and play without hyperflashing. I just installed them so I can't review or say they are the best ever but they do have some heft to them and are longer than the Diode Dynamics switchbacks I had with my stock headlights. The DD bulbs are brighter in white as they have forward facing LEDS but when signalling I would say both bulbs are the same brightness. I had a crappy resistor harness I was using with them that worked but plug was junk and I didn't want to use them with the new HIDprojector headlamps I just installed so I did some google fu and found these and gave them a shot and they worked.
https://www.lasfit.com/products/amber-amber-7443-led-turn-signal-light-bulb-anti-flickering

they also have just regular front https://www.lasfit.com/products/amb...b-anti-flickering?_pos=5&_sid=3305792d9&_ss=r
and rear turns which I will probably get later on https://www.lasfit.com/products/las...h-built-in-canbus?_pos=4&_sid=18ac4d505&_ss=r

and probably all other LEDs for our trucks but haven't looked.
They are pricey but so where the DD bulbs and those need resistors still.

·
Super Moderator
3,691 Posts
They are nice! But at $65 per pair, I think I'll stick with my regular, not so bright, 79 cent # 194's and 1-dollar # 3156's! I can't see them while I'm driving, anyway! ;)

Reactions: Gdubz and raymond~

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are nice! But at $65 per pair, I think I'll stick with my regular, not so bright, 79 cent # 194's and 1-dollar # 3156's! I can't see them while I'm driving, anyway! ;)
Thought I would let you all know who are looking for LED bulbs for turns but don't feel like adding resistors that I found a set of switchbacks from LASFIT that don't require external resistors and are fully plug and play without hyperflashing. I just installed them so I can't review or say they are the best ever but they do have some heft to them and are longer than the Diode Dynamics switchbacks I had with my stock headlights. The DD bulbs are brighter in white as they have forward facing LEDS but when signalling I would say both bulbs are the same brightness. I had a crappy resistor harness I was using with them that worked but plug was junk and I didn't want to use them with the new HIDprojector headlamps I just installed so I did some google fu and found these and gave them a shot and they worked.
7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Light Anti Hyper Flash | Amber Yellow

they also have just regular front 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free LED Turn Signal Light Anti Hyper Flash | Amber Yellow
and rear turns which I will probably get later on 3156 3056 P27W CANBUS Error Free Anti Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Lights | Amber Yellow

and probably all other LEDs for our trucks but haven't looked.
They are pricey but so where the DD bulbs and those need resistors still.

I wrote Lasfit and they said they don't recommend these for the Frontier. Just to confirm, you installed these and they work with no problems? I've been looking for a turn signal LED bulb that was plug-and-play like this as I don't relish the idea of messing with resistor installation to prevent hyperflash.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have had zero issues with them. Funny they would say that as I bought mine directly from Lasfit and they had no problem taking my money.

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC
266 Posts
Yeah I have had zero issues with them. Funny they would say that as I bought mine directly from Lasfit and they had no problem taking my money.
what year did you install these in??? 2018??? these fit in front turn signals no issue???

I tried similar looking GTR Lighting bulbs and they're too long to look in place on my 07.

·
Registered
37 Posts
what year did you install these in??? 2018??? these fit in front turn signals no issue???

I tried similar looking GTR Lighting bulbs and they're too long to look in place on my 07.
These fit the front on my '17 Pro 4X: 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free Anti Hyper Flash Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Dual Color Blinker Bulb

And these fit the rear: 3156 3056 P27W CANBUS Error Free Anti Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Lights | Amber Yellow

No add-on resistors, no hyper-flash, fit like a glove. They are polarity-sensitive, so test them during installation.

·
Registered
917 Posts

2009 the front housings changed. Another member I think had an 06 and they didn't fit either.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yes I installed on an 18, Your housing is different so I couldn't tell you if they would fit or not.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
244 Posts
These fit the front on my '17 Pro 4X: 7443 7444 CANBUS Error Free Anti Hyper Flash Switchback LED Turn Signal Light Dual Color Blinker Bulb

And these fit the rear: 3156 3056 P27W CANBUS Error Free Anti Hyper Flash LED Turn Signal Lights | Amber Yellow

No add-on resistors, no hyper-flash, fit like a glove. They are polarity-sensitive, so test them during installation.
Interesting. I was wondering about doing LEDS front and rear. I tried this in two of my other cars and while having the resistor free bulbs the rear worked great, when I added another set to the front, it didn't work well. In my case they seemed to work when I used the 4 ways in the garage, but when I used the turn signals while driving I would get hyperflash on and off so I removed them. Maybe with the $$$ bulbs, the issue is solved. I always buy LED's with built in resistors, but not the expensive kind. I typically pay $10-20 a pair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought these leds from Lasfit. Installed them on the front of my 2020 Frontier. They are bright and look better than the oems.. However, today I started the truck turned on the headlights and a turn signal. I timed the event and at 10 minutes it started hyper flashing. The outside temperature was 75 degrees with no sun. I’m disappointed. I wonder if it will be worse when the temperature is higher with sun. I plan to keep them installed for the time being.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought these leds from Lasfit. Installed them on the front of my 2020 Frontier. They are bright and look better than the oems.. However, today I started the truck turned on the headlights and a turn signal. I timed the event and at 10 minutes it started hyper flashing. The outside temperature was 75 degrees with no sun. I’m disappointed. I wonder if it will be worse when the temperature is higher with sun. I plan to keep them installed for the time being.
how long have you had them? They have like a 1 or 2 year warranty. I would inquire on a replacement from them. I have been running mine for almost 2 years and not an issue yet.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
However, today I started the truck turned on the headlights and a turn signal. I timed the event and at 10 minutes it started hyper flashing.
The Frontier requires two resistors per side. If you install just one, you still get hyperflashing.

That may be why Lasfit doesn't recommend these bulbs for the Frontier.

·
Registered
2020 Frontier SV CC 4x2 Midnight Edition
244 Posts
Interesting. I am using pretty cheap leds in front and back with built in resistors. No issues with hyper flashing at all. My other cars have been a lot less forgiving with the LED turn signals but the Frontier was really easy for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interesting. I am using pretty cheap leds in front and back with built in resistors. No issues with hyper flashing at all. My other cars have been a lot less forgiving with the LED turn signals but the Frontier was really easy for me.
What brand?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Reactions: chickdr

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
^Translation: Our LED bulb can't dissipate enough heat to prevent hyperflash for more than a few minutes at a time.

Reactions: Gdubz

·
Premium Member
2020 Frontier King Cab SV 4x4
145 Posts
I installed these today (front switch backs and rears) in my 2020 and they seems to work fine.
I'll report back after they have been in place for awhile to see if there are any hyperflash issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts