Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO CC
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
07 CC NISMO 2wd -- so to start with - its not known if brake lights were working right before I tried to swap the brake/tail lights to LED ( I know they were working pretty recently tho) ....so nope I didn't use 3157CK, just a standard 3157R and they blew the fuse under the hood. Changed it and I thought that fixed everything - tail lights worked. So later I checked the brake lights and nope, not working - I checked quite a few other fuses under the hood and in the cab on the right side fuse box - all appear good.

So, brake light switch bad or ????

Thoughts??

Thanks for your kind help.

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
21 Posts
I did the same, and blew both the tail light fuse under the hood, and the stop light fuse #20 in the cabin fuse box. Are you positive #20 is good? You could swap it with #21, cabin lights, to be sure.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's a good call right there!!!! I guess checking them for the third time is the charm!!!!

thanks for your input CliffHanger!!!

BTW, I tried Diode Dynamics XP80 bulbs - they ain't cheap!!!! Returning for a full refund today!

·
Registered
2018 Arctic Blue SV KC 2WD V6 AT.
21 Posts
That's great! These are the red CK bulbs I used - despite the name of the website, they are not super bright. I didn't want to blind anyone. And they are $14.95 each. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
That's great! These are the red CK bulbs I used - despite the name of the website, they are not super bright. I didn't want to blind anyone. And they are $14.95 each. :)
I have these on order, for my Frontier and for my sons 2005 RAV4 which doesn't have LED taillamps. My wife's 2012 RAV Limited came with OE Toyota LEDs a fact that I didn't even immediately notice.

Reactions: CliffHanger
1 - 7 of 7 Posts