Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am really wanting to add a led light bar to my 2003 extended cab SC, after seeing the outstanding difference that all of my friends light bars have made for there night time riding. I have searched everyone and can't seem to find anything for mounting brackets to put one above my windshield. Any ideas or suggestions/pictures?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Is there a shop local to you that has brackets on hand? You're probably going to have to use a set made for a different vehicle. Most you must drill through the roof to mount. I'd try holding a few up to see what works best. Maybe something for an older generation Tacoma.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
This light bar doesn't require any additional brackets/roof mounting if you have the roof rack. It mounts in the factory holes for the airdam. This bar is an all flood light bar. On that website they have others that are combo spot/flood but they will require brackets/mounting to the roof. It's very bright, maybe not the brightest bar you can get but it will make a difference.

39" Compact Off Road LED Light Bar - 108W | Off Road Light Bars | LED Work Light & Off Road LED Light Bars | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

Just flip the included brackets backwards, buy some slightly longer bolts and there ya go.

I have one in the grill as well. 24"

·
Site Sponsor
329 Posts

Our 40" light bar comes with the universal mounts that will work well on the Frontier. We assemble our light bars here in St. Louis and they use CREE LEDs.

Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This light bar doesn't require any additional brackets/roof mounting if you have the roof rack. It mounts in the factory holes for the airdam. This bar is an all flood light bar. On that website they have others that are combo spot/flood but they will require brackets/mounting to the roof. It's very bright, maybe not the brightest bar you can get but it will make a difference.

39" Compact Off Road LED Light Bar - 108W | Off Road Light Bars | LED Work Light & Off Road LED Light Bars | Super Bright LEDs | Super Bright LEDs

Just flip the included brackets backwards, buy some slightly longer bolts and there ya go.

Nice truck, the OP has an a king cab (extended) so no roof rack for him (most likely.)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Nice truck, the OP has an a king cab (extended) so no roof rack for him (most likely.)
Aww damn good call. I missed that part. I made that big post for nothing! At least aR liked it. :)

Our 40" light bar comes with the universal mounts that will work well on the Frontier. We assemble our light bars here in St. Louis and they use CREE LEDs.

Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.
Ohhh that one looks nice! How many lumens? Is it a combo spot/flood or just flood light? EDIT: answered my own questions on your website. 24000 lumens and you can choose spot, flood, or combo. NICE!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info! But yes I do not have a roof rack, so what I am thinking is either having a stock roof rack shortened to fit my truck and then adding a light bar to that, or going with something that comes with universal mounts like posted above. I think I will check into the universal mount light bar posted above before anything else. Sweet set up by the way MetalAlien!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Where did you run the wire into the cabin? Did you end up drilling a hole for that?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Where did you run the wire into the cabin? Did you end up drilling a hole for that?
Yes but you drill under the mounting point for the roof rack which is already weather proofed. You run the wires inside the roof rack. You don't have to worry about any additional weather proofing or anything like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Or you could buy Rough Country 70507 - 50-inch Curved LED Light Bar Upper Windshield Mounting Bracket and with very little bending it fit me 2001 SE Crew cab perfect. I only used my body weight(145lbs) to make the slight adjustments.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Or you could buy Rough Country 70507 - 50-inch Curved LED Light Bar Upper Windshield Mounting Bracket and with very little bending it fit me 2001 SE Crew cab perfect. I only used my body weight(145lbs) to make the slight adjustments.
What length light bar did you use with those mounts?

·
Registered
195 Posts

how is the one in the grill mounted?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I have the same question..
How IS the one in the grill opening mounted?
I made a bracket to mount it to the metal frame inside.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
^ Oh Shyt, It's MetalAlien. I figured you had sold your Frontier and Moved On.
Hell no I didn't sell it. Where else am I going to dump all my money? Trying to get money together for an LS swap but good luck on that... everytime I get a little money something happens and I need to use it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts