Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Nissan Frontier Pro 4x CC 6 speed manual
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded my factory headlights and fog lights to Katana 6500k leds today. I must say it's a huge difference! I will update this thread once I run them for a while to see how reliable they truly are

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I upgraded my factory headlights and fog lights to Katana 6500k leds today. I must say it's a huge difference! I will update this thread once I run them for a while to see how reliable they truly are
I have them too, as do several folk on here. Best bang for the buck I've found. Wouldnt trade them back now and I run my headlamps for DRL even though down here in the States it isn't a law, and filament lamps don't appreciate 90+ miles of washboard off-roading at 30MPH. Breaks them. Katana's solid-state, 0 worries.

·
Super Moderator
11,399 Posts
I have them too, as do several folk on here. Best bang for the buck I've found. Wouldnt trade them back now and I run my headlamps for DRL even though down here in the States it isn't a law, and filament lamps don't appreciate 90+ miles of washboard off-roading at 30MPH. Breaks them. Katana's solid-state, 0 worries.
Do you get flashed by other drivers?
Daytime running lights are so annoying and takes away the safety margin that was created to keep motorcycles safer.

Clint

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Do you get flashed by other drivers?
Daytime running lights are so annoying and takes away the safety margin that was created to keep motorcycles safer.

Clint
I got flashed a couple times after installing them, even after aiming them properly, but nothing now. No flashes in six months or more.
I agree that motorcycle safety is important, I had a Honda twin once, but for four-wheelers I feel they are definitely an advantage as well. We have very heavy traffic in the Baltimore / DC Metro corridor area and being able to see that a vehicle is illuminated but moving very slowly helps differentiate it from the parked vehicles around it. More out West, perhaps, it may not be so important, couldn't really say.

I run some of my off-road lights when wheelin in Maine, the logging roads have very very heavy trucks on them ( when I say heavy I'm talking 4 to 5 axle trailers pushing a total rig weight of 120k to 150k# ), and some of the side trails vary very quickly in width from a single Frontier wide up to a reasonable two lane, so having an extra indication to oncoming traffic is quite helpful.

It's just a matter of human visual physiology that a moving point of bright light will catch your attention, even peripherally.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ive got sealight 6ks in the headlights and love them - never been flashed, either

(Current fogs are being swapped out for 7" bars with the new bumper so didn't change those bulbs)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts