Nissan Frontier Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
For headlight LED bulbs, like the Katanas, does anyone have issues with AM/FM radio reception when you turn your headlights on with these installed?
Nope, no radio issues.

Reactions: Tcaschy021

·
Registered
548 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am a DXer and even with the very weakest FM signals, no issues. As for AM, there may be minor issues but if so they are overwhelmed by RFI and EMI.

Mine are different than the Katanas.

Absolutely love them!
I should add that I put on a good snap on type ferrite on the headlight wire harness about 4 or so inches from the headlight plug. It was a fairly loose fit and gravity found a nice spot for it. That may have helped.

The reason why I added the above is that a few weeks ago I replaced my fog light halogens with Aukee LEDs, similar design but for H11 and the fan does not circulate air within the reflector - because the fog reflector is so tiny. Last night - cold, wet, dark and rainy - I put my fog lights on and noticed XFM [90 km away - 55 or so miles] was kind of weak. I shut off the fogs and XFM was like a local again. Come spring I will add some snap on ferrite and see if it fixes the situation.

Here is an example of a snap on ferrite - this particular one is very pricey BUT - if you look at the data sheet you will see its ideal for LED headlights and under hood temperatures:

The ones I used were name brand - forget the brand [but maybe TDK] ones I bought years ago on eBay with MW (AM) dxing in mind.

If you get ones that are not rated for high temps, use a quality cable tie to reinforce - a good idea anyway as loosing them gets expensive.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts