Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just got my new 2022 Nissan frontier almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they only had the S model available and they didn’t know when they were getting any others so I just bought it. I LOVE IT, I was the first person to buy the redesigned frontier at my local Nissan dealership.

I’m trying to make small changes (see photos) and I’m looking for LED headlights/bulbs, I couldn’t find anything online, but figured I ask the pros. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Rocco
Hi, I just got my new 2022 Nissan frontier almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they only had the S model available and they didn’t know when they were getting any others so I just bought it. I LOVE IT, I was the first person to buy the redesigned frontier at my local Nissan dealership.

I’m trying to make small changes (see photos) and I’m looking for LED headlights/bulbs, I couldn’t find anything online, but figured I ask the pros. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Rocco View attachment 337114

Thank you,
-Rocco View attachment 337114 View attachment 337115
Just spoke with Headlight Revolution - $265 a pair (GTR brand) for LED bulbs - no module required - just remove stock and replace with these.

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
87 Posts
Just spoke with Headlight Revolution - $265 a pair (GTR brand) for LED bulbs - no module required - just remove stock and replace with these.
That may be true on the halogen set up, but today Headlight Revolution said it you have LED's (like I have) on a 2022 they are a "chip set" and not bulbs. He said there is nothing to replace.
So if anyone is wanting to replace their halogen with LED's I have a set of GTR's from Headlight Revolution that were in my 2020 since April of this year. My sales reciept gives you the bases. They include Headlight, Fog Lights and back up light LED's. I am selling them since I can't put them in my 2022 Pro 4X.
Wood Font Rectangle Publication Hardwood
Font Handwriting Material property Rectangle Gas
Font Material property Parallel Number Paper

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wonder why I was being told something different than what you heard ? Sounds like a call to them is in order.
Just check the bulbs. They will have a number on the bottom of the base that identifies the base. You can then put any LED in that you want as long as it has filter which will keep your truck from throwing a code.You can see it in this picture to the left of the plug.
Gas Auto part Automotive tire Engineering Machine

·
Registered
8 Posts
That may be true on the halogen set up, but today Headlight Revolution said it you have LED's (like I have) on a 2022 they are a "chip set" and not bulbs. He said there is nothing to replace.
So if anyone is wanting to replace their halogen with LED's I have a set of GTR's from Headlight Revolution that were in my 2020 since April of this year. My sales reciept gives you the bases. They include Headlight, Fog Lights and back up light LED's. I am selling them since I can't put them in my 2022 Pro 4X. View attachment 337280 View attachment 337281 View attachment 337282
OK- so I misread your post - if you have the halogen light in your 2022 (question originally posted by Batman) then you can replace with LED bulbs from Headlight Revolution...................... correct ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not according to Headlight Revolution. The chip set in the headlights and tailights are not replaceable, you have to replace the entire unit. That is not saying that someone with alot of knowledge about electronics would be able to rebuild the assemly if it goes bad, but that is over my head.The LED lifespan is rated at 30,000 hours, if you drove with the lights on 5 hours every day, 365, you would average over 16 years on the system. In 16 years, I will be too old to drive. lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Pre 2022 LED "bulbs" can be used to replace the 9007. Same goes for the 2022 S and lower line SV. For the upper line SV (here in Canada called the SV Sport) and for all Pro4xs and the USA ProX - you cant use them because the LEDs are on a board inside the headlight assembly. By the time the LEDs burn out, the assembly should be so cloudy you would want to replace it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pre 2022 LED "bulbs" can be used to replace the 9007. Same goes for the 2022 S and lower line SV. For the upper line SV (here in Canada called the SV Sport) and for all Pro4xs and the USA ProX - you cant use them because the LEDs are on a board inside the headlight assembly. By the time the LEDs burn out, the assembly should be so cloudy you would want to replace it.
Like I said

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not according to Headlight Revolution. The chip set in the headlights and tailights are not replaceable, you have to replace the entire unit. That is not saying that someone with alot of knowledge about electronics would be able to rebuild the assemly if it goes bad, but that is over my head.The LED lifespan is rated at 30,000 hours, if you drove with the lights on 5 hours every day, 365, you would average over 16 years on the system. In 16 years, I will be too old to drive. lol
You just contradicted what you said earlier that Halogens can be replaced with LED bulbs - but not stock LEDs like come in Pro X models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just wanted to share my experience with LED Lighting and Headlight Revolution. I just installed the GTR Ultra 2 9007 in the headlights of my 2022 SV. No additional modules were needed.

I could not get the GTR Ultra 2.0 H11s to fit in the fog light housing due to the depth of the fan and frame, so I returned them and ordered the GTR CSP Mini H11. Fit perfect.

I also installed Sylvania Zevo 7440 bulbs for use as the DRL to complete the look.

Rectangle Font Audio equipment Material property Carton

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive side marker light

Automotive parking light Car Tire Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
707 Posts
I just wanted to share my experience with LED Lighting and Headlight Revolution. I just installed the GTR Ultra 2 9007 in the headlights of my 2022 SV. No additional modules were needed.

I could not get the GTR Ultra 2.0 H11s to fit in the fog light housing due to the depth of the fan and frame, so I returned them and ordered the GTR CSP Mini H11. Fit perfect.

I also installed Sylvania Zevo 7440 bulbs for use as the DRL to complete the look.
Looking forward to night beam shots against the wall and pavement to see how the beam might perform in driving conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will try to remember to grab a shot or two tonight. I was hoping to get a beam pattern closer to the factory LEDs on my Altima, but factory projectors will always focus better than retro fits in a reflector housing. They preform way better than the stock halogen. I hope that Z1 will offer the factory 2022 LED headlight housing at a later date. The factory LED Fogs are already available on their site, but I do not want to scacrofice the DRL function of my current Fog/DRL combo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to show us what you purchased and great explanation of what works and what doesn't. Nice looking truck !!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Looking forward to night beam shots against the wall and pavement to see how the beam might perform in driving conditions.
Yes, night shots would be great.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
145 Posts

View attachment 337369

View attachment 337370

View attachment 337371
Looking real nice there (y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I got some night shots. First time I have ever tried this. I did have to adjust the headlights after install. I found the center line of the headlight and marked the wall and then backed the truck up 25 feet.

The first pic is the truck pointed at my garage. I was about 25 feet back and the driveway is on a slight grade with the lights pointing up. Guess I should have taken these pic with the fogs on and off. In all the pictures both the low beam and fog lights are on.

Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Window Tire Automotive lighting

Second Pic is the truck on level pointing at a retaining wall in a nearby parking lot.

Asphalt Road surface Automotive lighting Floor Flooring

Final pic is on a side street and the truck is in the center of the road.

Automotive lighting Street light Road surface Asphalt Atmospheric phenomenon

For the price (255 for headlight & 142 for the fogs) I am very happy with the results.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Not bad. Thanks for posting, but at under $50 I'll take my katanas. This is with yellow led fogs.
Picture frame Wheel Automotive tire Tire Wood

·
Registered
87 Posts
You just contradicted what you said earlier that Halogens can be replaced with LED bulbs - but not stock LEDs like come in Pro X models.
no, I said the halogens of the SV and S can be replaced with LED's, the new LED's in the Pro4X and the Premium package SV is an integrated chip set. They are all one unit.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not bad. Thanks for posting, but at under $50 I'll take my katanas. This is with yellow led fogs.
View attachment 337429
I have owned both, in fact still have a complete set of the GTR Ultra. The GTR is much better than the Katanas in my opinion. I especially noticed the difference in a dark area with no ambiant light. The GTR penetration is far better, and the periphial is really good on back roads or dark highways. I really appreciated the GTR set when getting caught out late in a off road rally. The price was worth it to me, and if I could put them in the new Pro 4 X, I would replace the OEM LED's

21 - 40 of 41 Posts