Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 21 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just got my new 2022 Nissan frontier almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they only had the S model available and they didn’t know when they were getting any others so I just bought it. I LOVE IT, I was the first person to buy the redesigned frontier at my local Nissan dealership.

I’m trying to make small changes (see photos) and I’m looking for LED headlights/bulbs, I couldn’t find anything online, but figured I ask the pros. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Rocco
Car Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I just got my new 2022 Nissan frontier almost 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they only had the S model available and they didn’t know when they were getting any others so I just bought it. I LOVE IT, I was the first person to buy the redesigned frontier at my local Nissan dealership.

I’m trying to make small changes (see photos) and I’m looking for LED headlights/bulbs, I couldn’t find anything online, but figured I ask the pros. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
-Rocco View attachment 337114 View attachment 337115
In the market for a new Frontier and have gotten use to quality headlights - either OEM or aftermarket - so was disappointed to find the only way to get LED with the SV trim was to get the Premium Package which has a bunch of stuff I don't care about (including sunroof) for north of 2K. Called Headlight Revolution, which set me up with an HID kit for my RAM that has performed without issue. They said they could replace the bulbs with LED bulbs and modules once they know what stock bulbs Nissan is using in the 2022 Frontier. Here is a link to one of their You Tube videos on LED bulbs:

Like to hear some thoughts from others on this as I am no lighting expert.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Are your stock bulbs 9007's?

·
Registered
2020 Pro 4x 4x4 with way too many features
89 Posts
I pulled the GTR lights, (from my 6 month old 2020 Frontier before I traded, planning on using them on my 2022). No such luck! The have changed headlight, fog lights and back-up lights bases. I would love to be able to use the GTR's, even though my P4X came with LED's, the OEM lights aren't nearly as good as the GTR's, especially the back up lights.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I put very similar to these in my 2013 and love them. The fans circulate the air within the headlight unit so tgey are not sucking in dust and dirt. And the headlights have just enough warmth for winter. I use low beams mostly and they are awesome. The high beams are just so so.

Easy to install once you figure out the trick. No mods, hacking, hanging devices.

Beam pattern is a bit blotchy but that is common for retrofit led bulbs. They are super bright but have a tight cutoff. Visibility is so much better than any halogen. Very white, no yellow, no blue.

Worth a try if your 2022 uses 9007s.

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
The trick is the clock position / orientation is different than halogens. Position is 3 o clock on one side and 9 o clock on the other side. Then verify that high and low beams are as they should.

·
Premium Member
2022 SV CC 4X4, Glacier White
164 Posts
In the market for a new Frontier and have gotten use to quality headlights - either OEM or aftermarket - so was disappointed to find the only way to get LED with the SV trim was to get the premium pakage which has a bunch of stuff I don't care about (inclusing sunroof) for north of 2K. Called Headlight Revolution which set me up with an HID kit for my RAM that has performed without issue. They said they could replace the bulbs with LED bulbs and modules once they know what stock bulbs Nissan is using in the 2022 Frontier. Here is a link to one of their You Tube videos on LED bulbs:

Like to hear some thoughts from others on this as I am no lighting expert.
I'm also waiting for Headlight Revolution's LED upgrade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll check my users manual. All the bulb spec's are there near the end with all the other various spec's.
I seems to be right but somewhat incomplete. Many of the bulbs aren't listed. They want you go to the dealer to get them replaced, but why not still list the bulb #s? SMH
Hand Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Bumper
Gesture Finger Wrist Thumb Gadget
Gesture Finger Motor vehicle Gas Cable

·
Registered
512 Posts
Reactions: White Wolf

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Curious what the Katanas would look like in the new style reflector....Any guinea pigs wanna give it a shot?

Reactions: RobFrisco415
1 - 21 of 41 Posts