Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into led lights for my 2006 se cc and from what I've read on the forum this is what I've gathered so far. You can replace the stock bulbs with led's but the housing is not designed for led and thus you may get mixed results. For leds to work as intended you have to buy a led headlamp assembly that would fit your specific model of vehicle.

Is this more or less the case? Or am I still ill informed? :rolleyes:

And if so is there an aftermarket set of led headlamps available for my truck?

What brought this up now is I'm once again about to clean my fogged up lenses and thought how nice new onces would look and then thought about the possibility of installing leds instead.

Any help or info will be appreciated. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
They make LEDs now that work in reflector housings just like stock halogens, but brighter.
They also make aftermarket LED projector housings for your '06 because I have some in my '06. Mine are made by Spec-D, but there's other brands out there. They're decently bright, but they're not as bright as my halo fog lights that use Phillips LEDs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
you've missed this thread. defiantly the way to go. less a HID retro fit of course.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They make LEDs now that work in reflector housings just like stock halogens, but brighter.
They also make aftermarket LED projector housings for your '06 because I have some in my '06. Mine are made by Spec-D, but there's other brands out there. They're decently bright, but they're not as bright as my halo fog lights that use Phillips LEDs.
Thanks, I'll check 'em out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you've missed this thread. defiantly the way to go. less a HID retro fit of course.

Ah,,, I did. That does look promising. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
I have been using the katana for a while now and they are awesome bright.
Just make sure to install them without changing your housing aim (if you did a leveling kit your aim is thrown off already),
and all will be fine, I made a short video a while back of the install.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been using the katana for a while now and they are awesome bright.
Just make sure to install them without changing your housing aim (if you did a leveling kit your aim is thrown off already),
and all will be fine, I made a short video a while back of the install.
Thank you so much. I more a visually kinda guy and that makes things so much clearer.(y)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 2019 can anyone confirm what Katana part # is for the 12,000 Lumen LED? Thanks.
Looks like 9007. Same as mine. Thinking about pulling the trigger on these to give them a try myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
user1724
Nissan Frontier Forum
Welcome to our Nissan Frontier Forum! A premier community to share your mods and builds. Chat with like-minded Frontier owners.
Full Forum Listing