Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide on a size for a future LED light bar in the front bumper opening. I've looked through a lot of threads but was hoping some of you guys would respond with pics and info on what size you went with and how you mounted it. I've seen everything from 2-4 pods to curved 30" ones in there. So please post up some pics and such if you can! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't have one (yet), but if I ever install one I'll be going with the 20" light bar. 20" seems to be one of the more popular choices I've seen and I like that look. my $.02.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I currently have a 20" Rigid E-series Combo bar and previously had 2 Rigid D series spot lights mounted on a Xoksel light mount. The 20" is awesome, but if its going to be your only light then you may want to see about a 30" curved to get a wider beam pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a 20" on my 2015 but just am torn on what to get next.

Archer, you don't have the bar yet, I don't even have the truck lol. Hoping to get back into a Frontier over the summer or by August/Sept at the latest. Never too early to plan my mods.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did a 20" on my 2015 but just am torn on what to get next.

Archer, you don't have the bar yet, I don't even have the truck lol. Hoping to get back into a Frontier over the summer or by August/Sept at the latest. Never too early to plan my mods.

lol. well happy shopping! My to-do mods list has grown so large, I keep forgetting to actually do the mods. I was planning on the rear diff vent mod several weeks ago, then started shopping for and ordered a tonneau cover. While I'm waiting for the tonneau cover to get here, I've decided I want to paint my grill and remove my sway bar this weekend. Maybe I'll still have time for the diff breather mod. We'll see. The light bar is still on the list too, haven't started shopping yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Before I bought a light bar mount, I was thinking of getting a light bar that actually filled the whole open space. Some thing about the light bars not actually filling the gap and wasting space bugs me. Kind of a go big or go home thought process.

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
Perhaps one of the primary purposes of this opening is for its cooling/airflow contributions along w/ the primary grill opening.

Reactions: jbarth09

·
Registered
33 Posts
I keep hearing Xoskel bumper mouth bracket. Are these brackets still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've never had any issues with cooling although with a 20" in the bumper mouth there's still lots of room around it.

You'll have to find a xoskel mount used, he's not in business anymore. It really only helped if you wanted to mount small cube lights anyway. If your mounting a bigger light bar it wouldn't really have helped, at least wouldn't have for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts