1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LEDs plugged in.
Output device Gadget Television set Flat panel display Display device

LEDs unplugged.
Gadget Entertainment Television set Output device Flat panel display

So I had purchased the XPR backup bulbs from diodedynamics for my truck (2008) and installed them and noticed a huge improvement of brightness but I also noticed that my after market backup camera image is now distorted whenever I put the truck into reverse. I had unplugged the led reverse lights and the image is restored. Anyone else experience this?

· Registered
2,102 Posts
yo! thats a bummer... they make some good stuff! I didn't have this when I installed my reverse lights from DD... 2016
did you call them? they have great customer service

· Premium Member
1,437 Posts
I’d try a different brand, I had nothing but problems with dd bulbs and their other products. Their backup light bulbs put insane feedback into my stereo in the form of alternator whine. I also installed some auxiliary lights from rigid into the bumper and when I wired them to the backup light circuit, the Rigids would start emitting this horribly high pitched squealing noise when the dd’s were in the tail lamp backup sockets. Removed that garbage; pretty much any other brand of led, or stock incandescents were fine.

I did not have any distortion issues on the backup cam’s picture but being as those bulbs and the camera are on the same circuit, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if those bulbs somehow caused interference that created the distortion. I’d chunk em or better, return em.

· Registered
2015 Frontier SV CC
64 Posts
Same issue. Lights on means noise in the image. I still see but i would prefer a clear image. My LED backup lights are Nilight I believe.

· Registered
578 Posts
Strange, I haven't noticed that with my LEDs, but I still have the OEM head unit. I wonder if there is something about aftermarket head units/cameras that make them more susceptible to interference?

I can't remember the brand of LEDs I have - thought I bought them off Amazon but can't find them in my order history. Might be the Philips ones from RockAuto...

• Helpful
Reactions: Grampy Matt

· Registered
4,910 Posts
LEDs plugged in.
Output device Gadget Television set Flat panel display Display device

LEDs unplugged.
Gadget Entertainment Television set Output device Flat panel display

So I had purchased the XPR backup bulbs from diodedynamics for my truck (2008) and installed them and noticed a huge improvement of brightness but I also noticed that my after market backup camera image is now distorted whenever I put the truck into reverse. I had unplugged the led reverse lights and the image is restored. Anyone else experience this?
I have these YitaMotor units:
They are quite bright & I have zero issues with radio noise or backup camera distortions, but I also have an OE RF headunit, so perhaps as another noted, it could be aftermarket head interfering with the LEDs and camera installation. For how cheap the Yita's are, I'd recommend try them and see if it fixes your issue. They're very easy to swap out, thankfully pulling the taillamp assemblies is super-simple. Headlamps, yeah, not so much.

• Helpful
Reactions: Grampy Matt
1 - 7 of 7 Posts