Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all so today I noticed after moving the truck that there was a trail of water and a small puddle from where it had been sitting. I traced it back and noticed a small hole. Maybe about had the size of a dime, in the center of the muffler where the weld is. It was leaking from there. I'm wondering what I should do to fix it or if this might be something that could be covered under the warranty? I'll try to grab a pic tomorrow but it's pouring outside right now.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
a picture would help.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok it stopped raining enough. I grabbed some pics. Not great but I think you can see what I was talking about. The hole looks smaller than i first thought. Still there is something there.

·
Super Moderator
11,248 Posts
Correct it is an intentional weep hole. Enjoy your truck.

Clint

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet. Thanks guys. Yeah once I got in closer it did seem to be a deliberate hole. There was just a lot of liquid I thought though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes sense. It was just odd cause I had pulled into the garage since there were reports of large hail and when I moved later that day so my wife could have her spot back I noticed it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah water leaking from the exhaust was concerning me too, I have an occasional slow drip from the end of the pipe. Thought there was something wrong at first but it's rare and very little water and no other symptoms so I forgot about it. It's always humid in Georgia though so I guess that explains it.

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Water (i.e. steam) is a natural byproduct of fuel combustion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts