Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed some lift shackles on my truck. I did in my garage, so to hold the leaf springs down I used a couple of C clamps. It worked good but when I was finished the truck leaned to the right a little bit. I looked under the truck and I see that the gapping between the leafs in the springs is different on both sides of the truck. I wonder if when I clamped them it caused flattening of the spring on the right side, or raising of the spring on the left. I also installed new shocks not sure if that is an issue. Has anyone installed lift shackels and had the same problem, or changed leaf springs with the same result? Will it work itself out? Anyway to adjust it?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I did the shackles, but when me and my dad did it we just took a 2x4 and lowered the spring and put in the shackle. The shocks wouldn't do anything to make the truck sit weird, at least I don't think it would. Maybe your tires are not equally inflated

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it is the tries because I can actually see the difference in the gapping in the leaf springs.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Well, maybe it will settle back. It might be one of the cases, like where you put a piece of furniture on carpet for a little while and it leaves a mark when you remove it. But it eventually goes away. I hope that made sense

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya dude made perfect sense. I do have a felling it will go back, because the shackles are famous for ruining leaf springs.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard that, might have to look into that but I have feeling the leaf springs may be shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts