Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My leafs are shot. Most likely original (144k now). My passenger side sits about 1 3/4" lower than the drivers. I wouldn't mind a slight upgrade, but want ride quality first and foremost. This thing is not an off roader. I read several posts on leaf spring recommendations, but most were on lifting, etc.

Will going with HD leafs be better than the standards?
2005-2016 HD Leaf Spring Nissan Frontier | General Spring

Also, anything else I should consider replacing in the rear while I'm at it?

Any thoughts welcomed.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Never seen that company before. But looks like a good stock replacement. I would not get the HD spring unless you carry a load regularly. You should replace the bushing. Seems like they come with new bushing. I would also replace the shocks "while you are at it".
It is also recommended that you replace the U bolts/nuts whenever you remove them. At $6 I would.

Please report back when you have finished this job.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best part is that they are in my backyard and I can pick up local. Save $50 bones for other activities! I'll report back once I've pulled the trigger and then again on install.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Cool. Their website says they do custom work. Wonder if they would or how much they would charge to add a military wrap to the 2nd leaf, and maybe do 1-2" lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts