Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Ooofff. So Michael made a boo boo... Chalk this one up to one of the many lessons learned.

I tend to get excited about new parts and often get carried away, missing the details or small stuff. For example, when I last worked on my trucks rear suspension, I added the AAL and eBay special shackles. In my rush to finish, I screwed up the drivers shackle. Been like this for many months now... Glad nothing broke, other than my pride and now my tires are even more cupped...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Springs came out in last night. Install took about 2 hours. So far I'm pleased. The ride is quite a bit different. Not in a bad way, just different. The excess vibration also seems to have been addressed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
How much lift did you get from the OME leaf pack, and did you end up with the medium or heavy duty?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How much lift did you get from the OME leaf pack, and did you end up with the medium or heavy duty?
Medium duty (CS150R). I honestly didn't measure, it appears it lifted the same as my AAL and eBay shackles, which was around 2".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Michael, if you're on a budget and know a good machinist locally, you can ask them to cut an additional groove a little lower on the shock body of your front 5100's. This will move the spring seat down and improve ride if you're thinking that you've got too much spring preload. It's odd that the mediums are running pretty firm for you, the 2607's usually ride really well.

For the rear we have our ADO leaf packs which are currently on sale for Black Friday. They're priced a little higher than the Dakar's but might be worth considering. ARB just had a price increase on November 1, so we might be pretty close in price now. I think our leaf packs would smooth things out for you quite a bit.
AllDogs, I have a 2019 Frontier that has a very rough ride. Does anyone know 100% how to eliminate the vertical shaking I feel in the driver's seat? I added 200LBS of sand in the bed and the shaking is a little better. I have asked the dealer for help and he just says they all ride like that. No help from Nissan either.

On this forum I have heard things like (in no particular order):

1. AAL
2. Bilsteins
3. Rancho 9000XL to get adjustability
4. Comfort G Shackles from Malaysia
5. Sulastic Spring Shackles
6. Tire Pressure

The AAL is an interesting idea, but assumes that the new stock springs are flexing too much. How can I test this?
The bilstein 5100 is not capable of adjustment ( the amount of dampening), but many people say this helps.
The Rancho's are adjustable in the dampening.
There is very little experience so far with the Comfort G Shackles, but they are only $100.
The Sulastic Shackles look very good but costs $400.

It is still a stock truck (no lift), but I need to find THE answer to stop the shaking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
AllDogs, I have a 2019 Frontier that has a very rough ride. Does anyone know 100% how to eliminate the vertical shaking I feel in the driver's seat? I added 200LBS of sand in the bed and the shaking is a little better. I have asked the dealer for help and he just says they all ride like that. No help from Nissan either.

On this forum I have heard things like (in no particular order):

1. AAL
2. Bilsteins
3. Rancho 9000XL to get adjustability
4. Comfort G Shackles from Malaysia
5. Sulastic Spring Shackles
6. Tire Pressure

The AAL is an interesting idea, but assumes that the new stock springs are flexing too much. How can I test this?
The bilstein 5100 is not capable of adjustment ( the amount of dampening), but many people say this helps.
The Rancho's are adjustable in the dampening.
There is very little experience so far with the Comfort G Shackles, but they are only $100.
The Sulastic Shackles look very good but costs $400.

It is still a stock truck (no lift), but I need to find THE answer to stop the shaking.
I'd recommend following up with the dealer before throwing parts at the truck, that does not sound normal. If you can, test drive a different stock Frontier to get a feel for what's normal and what's not.

·
Premium Member
5,109 Posts
Agree w/ the above. I thought my new '15 SV (work truck) had a great ride quality...but my cargo more than flattened the factory leaf springs by 30k miles to the point of the dreaded 'W' shape. New HD leaf packs then further improved my ride quality, particularly in the handling dept, whether in the curves of absorbing speed bumps.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts