Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in my Pathfinder LE for a Pro-4X. I am looking in the aftermarket for an "auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and temperature display," which only comes with the Frontier LE. Gentex Corportion makes several from $200 - $400. Any suggestions. Thanks.:noworries::noworries:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Welcome. I think the best option, price wise, for a rear view mirror is to get one of the universal ones off of Ebay. Thats what I'm going to do and you'll save some dough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentex from the dealer

Just traded in my Pathfinder LE for a Pro-4X. I am looking in the aftermarket for an "auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and temperature display," which only comes with the Frontier LE. Gentex Corportion makes several from $200 - $400. Any suggestions. Thanks.:noworries::noworries:
I just made an appointment to have the dealer install the Gentex, with the compass, temp readout and auto dimmer. It will be $300 with labor, and since my Pro 4x is brand new, I just don't trust myself to begin splicing and cutting. I read the excellent write up here, but I am happier letting a pro do it right.

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Those mirroors work well. My dealer gets $285 so they are close to each other. Enjoy the new truck!

Clint

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome & Enjoy !! Pro-4X's are cool. If they only made them in Red Brick:)

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
I bought one from my dealer for $150. It was easy to install.
Where were the wires you connected to?
Where did you place the temp. sensor?

Clint

·
Super Moderator
19,855 Posts
Where were the wires you connected to?
Where did you place the temp. sensor?

Clint
I mounted the temp sensor below the factory pigtail for the OEM temp sensor. I ran the sensor wiring through a rubber grommet in the firewall. I tapped into my dashboard fuse panel for power. I used a mini fuse tap I bought from Accessafuse.com.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I bought one from my dealer for $150. It was easy to install.
Wow, that's a good price! A couple years ago my dealer had quoted me around $500 (in Canada). Can you tell me what brand and model the mirror they sold you is? Is it an aftermarket mirror, or the OEM?

·
Super Moderator
19,855 Posts
Wow, that's a good price! A couple years ago my dealer had quoted me around $500 (in Canada). Can you tell me what brand and model the mirror they sold you is? Is it an aftermarket mirror, or the OEM?
It's OEM and made by Donnelly. The part number is 999L1-UR001. The list price was $216 but I got mine for $149.99 plus tax. Not sure it they still sell them or were trying to get rid of the remaining stock. I got it in Dec 07.

I did a part number search here Nissan Parts, Genuine Nissan Collision and Replacement Parts Catalog, Online Shopping, MyNissanParts.com and the mirror came up. $133.91

1 - 13 of 13 Posts