Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously hate my truck.
I fu(king hate Nissan.

Why does everything about my truck have to be a complete b!tch.
Started my PRG basic coilover job last night. I just knew before I even started that this was something I should not do. But proceeded anyhow.

Started off alright, got the first coilover in no problem. But then realized I had not tried taking out the LCA bolts yet. So back out came the coilover. Of course, like I figured, my LCA bolts a fu(ked and im gona have to cut them off. So figured I would start by taking the LCA off at the spindle. Well Fu(k me, just getting the c0ck sucking ball joint to break free took an hour and a half. Only to find out that I can't get the LCA disconected unless I take out the axle. FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKK my life!

So I tried to take the axle out but I have no clue what im doing. Im to the point where I know I have to cut the LCA's off anyhow, so im tempted to just cut the ball joint between the LCA and spindle aswell as the cam bolts. But I don't think I would be any farther ahead as how would I get the new ball joint and LCA back in anyhow, with the axle in.

So I guess I just need a little guidence/advice.

Do I have to remove the axle to do the lower ball joint? If so. How do I get the axle out? I undid the four bolts on the back side of the hub, then tried to undo the axle nut(???) but could not stop the hub from turning to be able to undo it. I had a 3' pry bar levered in my wheel studs and a 3/4" breaker bar on the nut and couldn't get it loose.

Im so mad and frustrated right now that im sure im forgetting some information. So if I left something out, let me know, but thats pretty much where it stands now.:sickly:

ANYTHING PLEASE AND THANKYOU.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think I may have found my answer. I can't believe it, but it appears that the C clip ontop of the ball joint was facing in a direction I did not notice it. So, im guessing this is how one would remove the LCA and ball joint without removing the axles. If im wrong please feel free to correct me.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Can you not just remove the lower ball joint from the bottom of the spindle? nvm, just read that you already did that. So your problem is that the top of the ball joint is hitting the CV before it comes fully out, correct?

If you're going to remove the ball joint from the LCA, that's probably going to be more work than just pulling the axle from the spindle.

Sorry I'm not much help, when I worked on my truck I had to replace the axles anyways so they came out from the diff. I probably did the LCA's after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts