Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me the last year that the Frontier Nismo 4x4 was offered with a 5 spd manual transmission. no one at a dealership has a clue.

thanks eh.

ps. is it a good manual?

·
Registered
755 Posts
nismo trim only came with a 6 speed manual. to get a 5 speed it has to be a 4 cylinder

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yep, the Nismo is just like a 350Z was at one point, only manual transmissions. There are a lot of complaints about the clutch but none that I know of with the transmission itself.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Yep, the Nismo is just like a 350Z was at one point, only manual transmissions. There are a lot of complaints about the clutch but none that I know of with the transmission itself.
What?

you could get NISMO trucks in 6-speed man or 5-speed auto. Always.

The Pro-4x continues this.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, the Pro 4x is NOT available with a manual transmission. does anyone know the last year a manual transmission was available on the Nismo?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
um........ i just went to NNA's website and you can order a Pro4x with manual in the KC models as it's ALWAYS been since the 2nd gen came out. you can get a KC 4x4 in 6 spd, all 2wd Pro4x (or NISMOs) are auto, all CC Pro4x (or NISMOs), regardless of 2wd or 4wd, are auto... period. always have been, and probably always be for the 2nd gen frontier

also, the 350z (and now 370z) have ALWAYS been offered in either manual or automatic... where are you coming up with these "facts"? there were certain combinations that only came with certain engines, ie in 05, if you had a manual transmission you got the "revup" motor (300hp), but all 06's got it and then they moved to the "HR" motor in 07 and 08 regardless of transmission

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK gotcha i think. crew cabs, no manual available. only in the king cab version. didn't realize they made that distinction. strange.

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yes only king cabs and only 4wd models had the option of manual, for some reason the 2wd's never got it

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
OK gotcha i think. crew cabs, no manual available. only in the king cab version. didn't realize they made that distinction. strange.
yes only king cabs and only 4wd models had the option of manual, for some reason the 2wd's never got it
ToddG has a CC and its manual. Dont for get.... the Pro4X or Nismo in that sentance, then its true.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
um........ i just went to NNA's website and you can order a Pro4x with manual in the KC models as it's ALWAYS been since the 2nd gen came out. you can get a KC 4x4 in 6 spd, all 2wd Pro4x (or NISMOs) are auto, all CC Pro4x (or NISMOs), regardless of 2wd or 4wd, are auto... period. always have been, and probably always be for the 2nd gen frontier

also, the 350z (and now 370z) have ALWAYS been offered in either manual or automatic... where are you coming up with these "facts"? there were certain combinations that only came with certain engines, ie in 05, if you had a manual transmission you got the "revup" motor (300hp), but all 06's got it and then they moved to the "HR" motor in 07 and 08 regardless of transmission
it is true that all nismo z's are manuals because thats all that is offered on nismo Zs and no AT 03-06 Z ever came with the revup, they all ran the 287hp non rev up but thats moving slightly off point that the pro4x is still available with a manual tranny. the 6 speed manual tranny in a z is good for over 500 hp and the 6 speed in the frontier is essentially the same tranny with a different mount for the stick and different gear ratios i believe. good tranny, weak factory clutch.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
ToddG has a CC and its manual. Dont for get.... the Pro4X or Nismo in that sentance, then its true.
i dont think ToddG has the NISMO, i believe his is just an SE CC. and the SE CC's can still get the 6sp.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
only kingcab for prox and nismo are avilable in manual
se model can be either kc or crewcab and then xe
last year of nismo was 08

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
haha :laugh:

yea todd's an SE like me

colin i went back and looked on my350 and everything i found shows that all 06's have the revup motor. of course you can't believe everything you read on the internetz though haha. my friend has an 06 that i'm going to hang out with tomorrow at a cookout, i'll ask him, i'm pretty sure he'll know since he works at a nissan dealership :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts