Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Currently looking to replace all four tires on my 07' CC

I do not have a Susp lift at the moment, funds are limited currently.

What is the largest tire I can fit with stock suspension using stock 16" rims??
(planning on a lift later down the road)

thanks ahead of time!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I don't know from personal experience, but I think I searched here and most people suggested 265/75R16 as the max for a stocker (05-10). I just got my truck, but plan on upgrading size when my current tires wear out.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Some people have fit a 285 75 16 but it requires some trimming/molding of the fenderwell

I have been very happy with my 265's though

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
265/75R16 (stock nismo size) is the largest you can fit stock height with no trimming

·
Registered
578 Posts
take a heat gun to your inner fenders and shrink them a bit

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
you can run a 33 on the stock gears so that the biggest tire you can run just a question of how much do you like your body and how good you are with a saw. honestly I would lift first then do tires

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is my 2010 SE with P265-75-R16 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos. Traded the original tires for these with 100 miles on them. No comparison in quality. Fit is excellent. No trimming and no rubbing. I am very pleased.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Registered
210 Posts
Isn't that the same as the stock size?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yes, but there are 2 stock sizes in the 265's, 265/70's or 265/75's depending on which model you have

·
Registered
204 Posts
FWIW, my 2010 Equator Sport has 265/65/17 as the OEM size.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Um.... you said your funds are limited. Tires will cost you about $600. Plus mount and balance. You can get upto a 3 inch lift for $100 on ebay. I guess I dont get what your tring to do with limited money.

If you want it taller, there is MUCH cheaper ways to do it then dropping 6 hudi's on tires.
Plus if your truck funds are low, big tires will drop your fuel milage too. Just throwing that out there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
265's. I also have a 2007, installed a 2" prg lift with 265/75/16 General Grabber's. Dont like the look of the 285's, personally just too tight looking for me. Also since most of my travel is highway wanted a little better fuel mileage. Cost of fuel going to go thru the roof due to the oil rig rupture!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you guys have some good points! Thanks for the good info!

Tire replacement is due soon since the original tires are almost worn out.

I should just bite the bullet on a lift kit.
Any more info on these Ebay $100 lifts?

Otherwise Ready Lift or 4x4 customizers out of Florida seem to be in the $250-300 range.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
you guys have some good points! Thanks for the good info!

Tire replacement is due soon since the original tires are almost worn out.

I should just bite the bullet on a lift kit.
Any more info on these Ebay $100 lifts?

Otherwise Ready Lift or 4x4 customizers out of Florida seem to be in the $250-300 range.
Just search ebay for the year of your truck nissan suspension lift. You'll find what your looking for.

And with 4x4 customizers out of Florida, I just asked them for my money back. I ordered a 2 inch body lift, and they say they make each order so it could be up to 1 week before they ship it. And they would email you the tracking number when they do. Well I'm all but 2 weeks into it and have go no return after 2 emails and 10 calls and no one answered. I'm pissed and want my mnoney back!

Just a FYI!

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
Just backing up what these guys have said.
Biggest tire that will fit without chopping into your truck (in 16" dia) is 265/75-16.
That's what I am now running and clearance is minimal but safe.
Also noticed a slight drop in gas mileage coming from the old 265/70-16s that were on here from the factory, just for the record.

FYI: 265/75-16 is approx. 1" larger in diameter than 265/70-16, meaning approx. 1/2" taller stance for the truck.
Plus the 75s just fill out the wheel well much better imo.

·
Premium Member
13,443 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Ebay (ADF) lift:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f26/fyi-ebay-spacers-shackles-52636/
Leveling-Spacers

The ReadyLift comes with bump stops, but for more than double the cost, I think it's hard to justify the purchase of one of those over the ADF lift.
While it doesn't make it worth double the cost, it also includes the camber bolts.
I think some people are inclined to something like this even if it is a bit more, simply because it is an all in one package.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts