Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I take the back doors apart, I would like to know the largest size speakers anyone has been able to fit in there, without alot of hassle.

I know a 4 to 5 in speaker is rec., I was thinking at least a 6 1/2 like the fronts...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Before I take the back doors apart, I would like to know the largest size speakers anyone has been able to fit in there, without alot of hassle.

I know a 4 to 5 in speaker is rec., I was thinking at least a 6 1/2 like the fronts...

Thanks
you prolly could fit a 12" sub in there if you cut a big enough hole

·
Registered
81 Posts
So, I just finished installing my stereo and speakers. I did put 6 1/2" in the rear door with some trimming of the door metal and very slight trimming to the cardboard on the door panel. It went in good and easy but it is not a direct fit. I did not have to use the grills that came with the speakers. I wanted the inside to stay factory.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So, I just finished installing my stereo and speakers. I did put 6 1/2" in the rear door with some trimming of the door metal and very slight trimming to the cardboard on the door panel. It went in good and easy but it is not a direct fit. I did not have to use the grills that came with the speakers. I wanted the inside to stay factory.
Can you post a pic of where you trimmed things? I'm currently trying to do this and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts

just pull the old speaker out and trimmed with some snips till it fit. I did have to drill some holes to use the adapter ring that came with the speakers. Then I unscrewed the plastic factory grill from the door panel to trim some of the card board from the panel.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I used four and half inch polks in the back doors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts