Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, the time has come to replace my tires. I'm interested in a larger tire, sidewall and width. Are there recommendations for a chip to correct this and a possible increase in performance though not required (I'd also like to have the option of regular gas). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
No unfortunately, there does not appear to be.

I'm running 255/75/17 on my truck, which is a 32" tall tire, and the speedometer appears to be perfect with this size, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'm running 255/75/17 on my truck, which is a 32" tall tire, and the speedometer appears to be perfect with this size, for what it's worth.
Thanks, I appreciate knowing that's an option. I'm thinking I'd like to stay with the 275 width or actually go wider.

·
Premium Member
2020 Frontier King Cab SV 4x4
44 Posts

From what I can tell, all the Xterra's and Frontier's speedos are calibrated for the Pro4X standard tire size (265/75-16, a baby 32"). So if you have a non ProX, your speedo is actually off a little. I confirmed this on my S model Xterra when my GPS consistently show slightly different that the trucks speedo. After I moved to 265/75-16's, it matched perfectly.

Once you go to >32" you are going to have some speedo and odometer error again. Re-gearing would also create the same issue.

The only speedo calibration device I am aware of for the Nissan's is the one from Hypertech

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Bullydog GT will allow you to adjust for tire size. If that's all you need it for, kind of a waste. Other option is to install them, use a GPS to determine the difference and compensate accordingly when driving

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the 285 Duratracs which are 33.1 and my speedo is accurate. Tested on a radar speed sign near my house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts