1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
857 Posts
x3 Basically all I'm reading from this is "tune for cheap using your laptop" am i right?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
x3 Basically all I'm reading from this is "tune for cheap using your laptop" am i right?
I'm less concerned about the "tune for cheap" than I am the ability to see and adjust for every change I make on my own rig.

So far I have made several small adjustments, modifications, and other things. I plan on doing more. But a lot of times you hear about all these great things people say will improve power, etc., but there is no way to tell.

For example, LOTS of folks have done the Throttle Body coolant bypass, removed the TB screen, etc., but if they don't increase the amount of air flow then they do nothing. Also if they DO increase the amount of air flow it would be nice to be able to manually adjust the fuel maps to match the new air flow.

Not on the cheap, but REAL ability to maximize the tuning. For example I also want to replace my plugs with a hotter set, advance my timing a bit, etc., but I also want to know what a baseline set of numbers is and how that affects the motor. Without that detailed info it doesn't mean a lot.

x2. FYI all of these programs can be found using bit torrent. I would like someone to chime in who has experience. Might be WOT friendly :)
If they are all open source apps can you post the links to get the software? I know a few of them are but some of the better ones don't seem to be freely available.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I might be misunderstanding what your asking, but doesn't Uprev do exactly what your wanting? It hooks up to your truck via OBD-II to your laptops usb port. It has the same diagnostic ability as Consult 2, it allows you to monitor up to 30 different drivetrain parameters live, and it gives you the ability to do some basic tuning adjustments standard, and full control of tuning if you go with their pro system.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be misunderstanding what your asking, but doesn't Uprev do exactly what your wanting? It hooks up to your truck via OBD-II to your laptops usb port. It has the same diagnostic ability as Consult 2, it allows you to monitor up to 30 different drivetrain parameters live, and it gives you the ability to do some basic tuning adjustments standard, and full control of tuning if you go with their pro system.
I might be willing to bite the bullet on their price but I went to the official site and couldn't find enough info or any meaningful screen shots. I checked for local dealers (I live in Charlotte, NC) and the only NC outlets are on the other side of the state so I have no way to go check anything out in person. There aren't even any listed dealers in SC.

And even though I might be willing to spring for more $$ I'm not going to waste money either. Unless I can find something that is REALLY compelling I'm going to slowly move forward toward building a custom setup to do it all. Who knows, if it ends up being REALLY cheap I'll document it for everyone here and then Uprev and all the others can cut their prices.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Here are a couple old photos I took. Uprev does much more than what these couple images show.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I'm going to slowly move forward toward building a custom setup to do it all. Who knows, if it ends up being REALLY cheap I'll document it for everyone here and then Uprev and all the others can cut their prices.
That sounds like a great idea to me :). I did some bit torrent shopping a while ago and completly lucked out on anything this advanced. Keep us posted on the progress.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.