Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for all you who are by me in morris country/ somerset county 07933
i feel weird doing it but i am starting a landscaping business well taking it to the next level and next year will be having to pay for collage so i need to get 15+ more lawn account to mow if any one on here knows of a play house office building that i could mow. i am insured and am a llc so i am covered for any thing that happens but i am also very cheep and also do great work. can do everything from spring clean ups fall clean up just cutting that lawn mulching you name it i can do it.

well if any one knows of any lawn accounts they could get me that would be sick bc i need the money bad for collage.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
so this must be a very big collage huh? how long is it going to take you to finish it?

ohh yeah its college buddy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am going to be going to rvcc it a community collage bc i cant get the money to go to anything better other than going to my god father and thats the last thing i want. i am going to be looking at 3000 ever semester. thats not bad at all but its still alot for just me on top of my truck payments and everything else

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not like i am asking for money like most guys on here. most guys are like o i always wanted this for my truck can i have some money. thats ****ed up all of us are in hard time well most.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
its not like i am asking for money like most guys on here. most guys are like o i always wanted this for my truck can i have some money. thats ****ed up all of us are in hard time well most.
were not bagging on you for promoting business for yourself.

·
Registered
642 Posts
good luck

no doubt, times are tough for many.

I can say this though...my good friend has been in the landscaping business for 20 years and the trouble these days are....well, to be honest.....guys like you.
Every guy with a pickup and lawnmower is a "landscaping" business now. From a business aspect, this influx of lowballers (price focused workers as opposed to quality customer service workers) is driving down the earnings potential for the professionals. It's about as simple example of supply/demand as possible.

Having said that, check out www.lawnsite.com if you haven't already.

I've always been a proponent of their being no substitute for hard work so if you want it bad enough you can succeed. You wouldn't be the first person to work and pay their way through collage!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh i am lawn site. but no i am not just a guy and a pick up well kind off haha. i dont lo ball i hate that. i had 15 small lots on the same st. and a guy cam in and took all of them bc he is a illegal and will do it for nothing. i want to report him to some one bc that was alot of money

·
Registered
487 Posts
we need to send this guy to school...and bad. lets hook him up, but only if he promises to take some remedial grammar classes.

to the OP, good on you for wanting to further your education, might i lend a suggestion:
to sound professional in writing you need to use proper grammar and punctuation. have you posted an ad on craigslist? do you have any current customers? the quickest way to make a business grow is through referrals. if you do great work you will get alot of business from your current customers simply by going above and beyond in the quality of your work.
and remember spell check is your friend :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I am dyslexic; for most of my schooling i have been going to a tudor just to comprehend the english language. However up until my dad died i was fortunate enough to have the money to receive tutoring for my learning disability. But now my family does not have that money so i have lost much of my reading. As you see here when i try i can wright fine but if i speed to type you saw what happens.

and my sister who is a english major always looks over my flyers and such before they go out.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My dad was in the landscape buisness for 27 years. Down here in Florida there are a lot of hispanics that seem to dominate the buisness. However, despite the high number of hispanic lawn companies there are good things about being in the lawn buisness in areas such as florida. What I mean by this is that most of my dads customers were elderly people who would rather have a quality job done rather than "outsourcing" their buisness. Please dont mistake me for a rascist or bigot I am just saying how it is here locally. So as mentioned above, quality is the most important thing to this enterprise. Going above and beyond, create an image as such and customers will follow. I guess we have it easy here in Florida, so many old farts and so much grass.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.