Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2001 Ktm Duke II with all the usual mods done, including replacing the stock carb with a Mikuni BST40, the KTM Hardparts exhaust mid-pipe, and the stock can gut mod. Its got a fresh set of Avon Distanzas and a fresh set of RK gold chain and sprockets. Twist the throttle in any of the first three gears and the bike power-wheelies, even with my fat *** on it. This a serious hooligan bike, one of the most fun scooters I've ever ridden. Seriously, the power is just savage, especially on a bike that weighs so little; this scoot pulls like a freight train. Bike is Located in New Orleans

KTM Duke II

Since I've had it, I've done all of the maintenance and servicing that the bike required. This includes new: water pump, thermostat, radiator flush and service (refilled with distilled water and water wetter for the track days that I never did), radiator cap, spark plug, chain and sprockets, tires, fork servicing including new seals and new oil, carb rebuild, brakes, battery, kick stand spring, blinkers, and rear view mirror. All KTM parts were ordered from Chip at Munn Racing KTM in Texas, and I have receipts for everything.

Because the wife gets bent if she cant ride too, I ordered up a set of passenger pegs and brackets from England (because they're rarer than hens teeth here). In addition, I made up a custom rear rack and added a 48 liter KTM topcase to make this the perfect grocery getter.

I also adjusted the valves less than 1000 miles ago (including new valve cover gaskets), and cleaned out everything I could reach while I had the bike apart. I reassembled everything I took apart with blue loctite to keep the bolts and things from backing out. I've also changed the oil and filters three times in the last 1500 miles with Rotella full synthetic for my own peace of mind.

Included in the sale are several spares including another set of brake pads, spare oil (Rotella full synthetic) and both oil filters including the correct paper gasket for the in-case filter, the water pump with the bad seal that is rebuildable, feeler gauges for setting the valves, another sprocket set, and I'm sure that there is more that I'm forgetting. Also included is the wheeled bike service stand that I bought to make my life easier.

The bike currently has just over 14k on it. The original owner had engine rebuilt because of some failure (big end bearing if I remember correctly) and I THINK that was around the 12k mark. I make no promises but this is what I was told and the guy had the receipts to prove it. It got a new cylinder, and a bunch of new internals. The mileage may continue to increase depending on how much I ride the thing before it's sold...but my commute is less than a mile so I don't figure to rack up too many miles.

I did everything I could to make this bike bullet-proof. There are no surprises here. Everything works as it should. All maintenance has been done and all servicing is up to date. I would not hesitate to ride this bike anywhere, right now. As geared, the bike will run about 95mph, and it will do it all day.

I'm asking $4500 but I will listen patiently to lower offers. I've put more money into this bike than I can get out, and I know this and I'm not trying to recoup every dollar I put in. I have increased the value this bike represents, however, because it needs nothing to ride right now (unlike when I bought it). I would be very interested in a trade for a center console fishing boat (21to 23 feet), trade plus cash if the boat is worth less than the bike or I would even add money to the deal for the right boat.

Time for me to pass this bike along. I've had it for just over a year and put less than 2000 miles on her in that time. I'm that obsessive compulsive guy that you want to buy from. Tell your friends. There is no more solid Duke II than this one. :fantastic:

·
Registered
115 Posts
That's a good price on a glorious machine...wish I could take it off your hands

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the kind words :thumbsup: Tell a friend about this scooter please! My wife wont let me buy a boat until I get rid of one of my bikes. I need help so that I can support my fishing habit :thumbup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
$2500

polished stainless exhaust
new brakes
rebuilt carb
rebuilt forks
fresh fluids and valve adjustment

Willing to trade for aluminum T top and leaning post fabrication for boat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts