Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girl's KS went out on her 01 Xterra. Ive searched the forums and have found info concerning what they are and the relocation of it but I have not been able to find a HOW-TO on how to do it.

I am not that mechanically inclined (I can make my way around if needed) and am wondering if I would be better off taking it to a mechanic or trying it myself. She took it to a guy this morning and he quoted her "a couple hundred" to get it done and I would rather not spend the money on the vehicle if I can avoid it (money being tight and all).

Any help would be greatly appreciated (this info would also be extremely helpful on my 00 Frontier). Thanks again all.

·
Registered
99 Posts
man trust me i did a KS in my 01 frontier this winter and it is one sh!??y job alot of tear down of the top end involved also mine was the super charged model so it did intail a lil more then you would but i would still advise you take it to the shop!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
A couple hundred is a great deal! I´d get it done but then again the true Nissan KS 135.00 minimum. So even though it sounds like a good deal I´d not take it to him unless you absolutly trust his work.

There are a lot of knock off KS floating around and I would not advise you to use them. Get a true OEM KS.

With that said the KS is a complete tear down of the top of the engine down to the block. You have to remove everything. The KS sits out of sight ontop of the engine block below the lower air intake.

good luck.

I have created an How-to to relocate the KS but it´s a bit involved with hooking it up. Check out the sticky.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joe

Ive read the sticky many times (even copied the info into notepad to save to my comp:p as I was thinking this may need to be done to my Fronty). It seems like this would be too far out of my league. Way to much for me to screw up and really kill that car. (Her Xterra and I don't get along very well). But I thank you for the heads up on the OEM sensor.

She has been complaining of horrible gas mileage and the mech said the KS is dead among some other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts