Nissan Frontier Forum banner

KMC size ?

8K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Mach40 
#1 ·
:)I have a 09 Pro 4 x with a 3" PRG lift I am looking to put a set of 20" KMC rockstars with 33x12 Nitto tera grapplers but I am not sure of the correct back spacing any help would be much apreciated. thanks!

#2 ·
I like the Rockstars but I've heard they chip really easily. One guy said you can't mount tires on them without taking some coating off. I don't have personal experience, but for the $$$ you're going to spend you may want to look into it a bit.

#3 ·
Now you are the second person to tell me that. Do you have any wheel recomendations ? I was also looking at the motometal wheels but I would really like a flat black wheel

#5 ·
Kmc

I like the monsters too but I am woried about them chipping, I plan on using a 33x 12 on a 20 x 10 wheel so with the large section width of the tire should over hang the wheel a good 1.5 inches on both sides to help from geting chipped or scratched . But I still don't know what is the proper offset I talked to a guy that works for Fabtech and he told me I should use a wheel with a 5" backspacing.

#7 ·
I checked them out too but I still like the monsters and rockstars

#8 · (Edited)
Its all personal preference, but I would leave the Rockstars to the fullsize rigs, especially 20's. My buddy was talking about them for his taco and I gave him my $.02. I am sure everyone has heard of "donk"... Yea, kinda reminds me of that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/soultron/DONK.jpg

Also, from my understanding they dont bolt up either, you have to run a wheel adapter.

There is a member on here that runs KMC Addicts (I think) and I believe they bolted right up. His are silver and black, but they also make an all black.

#9 · (Edited)
There is a member on here that runs KMC Addicts (I think) and I believe they bolted right up. His are silver and black, but they also make an all black.
Yes they bolt right up, I have them on my truck.

I think the rockstars would look OK with the right tire and lift setup, but you will need adapters to run them.

#10 ·
How much lift does your truck have and what size wheel and tire did you buy? what was the backspacing?

#11 · (Edited)
I know motometal whels bolt right up but I want to go big I am thinking 20 x 9.5 but How much backspacing would I need? gonna use a 33x 12 tire

that looks great

#14 · (Edited)
They look better on our trucks though LOL

A KMC rep told me you can order a set with a blank bolt patern and have them drilled to fit. they come 5 on 4.5 so why not 6 on 4.5

#15 ·
they come 5 on 4.5 so why not 6 on 4.5
Because 5x4.5 (Ranger, Jeep, etc) is more common than our 6x4.5 (Us and Durango/Dakota I think). Its probably not cost effective to set up the equipment and and pre drill our bolt pattern for the minimal amount of orders they will get.

I am sure Nissan had a very good reason for setting up our trucks with this bolt pattern :confused:, but I have yet to figure it out.

#16 ·
Does anybody know if a 305 65 17 will fit on the stock wheel without rubbing on a fronty with a 3' PRG lift?

#17 ·
This is insane I really can't find a nice 20" wheel that will fit this truck wtf!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.