Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

My KMA front bumper came in today (took 7 weeks from order date). It is in for powdercoating at my friend's shop for the next few days. Bumper did not come with any mounting instructions, only one box came with bolts.

1. How do KMA bumper brackets mount to the frame? just stock locations or stock as well as tow hook mounting points? will I have to purchase more tow hook bolts (since we only have tow hook on one side?

2. Can someone post a picture of theirs mounted (where everything bolts in)

3. In the mounting kit there are 2 small and approximately 2-3" bolts with nuts, what are those for? they seem too flimsy to be a part of mounting hardware.

4. Does the bumper have to be welded to the mounting brackets? or just bolted on?

please post some pics so i can get a better idea if have to purchase any additional hardware to complete the install. I hate to get the bumper from powdercoating and not being able to mount it due to lack of hardware.

Thank you,

Nick

PS I'll post some pics during the installation as well as the final product.

· Premium Member
9,811 Posts
Do you have pictures of the brackets? Unless things have changed you have to have the mounting brackets welded to the bumper.

· Premium Member
9,811 Posts
thank you,
Kyle told me that new style brackets do not need to be welded unless ill be using a heavy duty winch or a plow.
Really. Can you take pictures of the brackets and the back of the bumper?

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff, thanks a lot got those pictures. I have a little different brackets, mine seem to use all 4 bolts per side. and also there are 4 bolts per bracket that bolt bracket to a welded bracket on the bumper. KMA have probably changed the design because not everybody had access to welder.
BTW i have noticed that you're not running a sway bar on your truck. how's that working out for you? since i have installed PRG suspension I have not reinstalled mine and have been contemplating about installing it.

Thanks again

Nick

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow jordo, we got identical bumpers with identical options looks like. mike is getting powdercoated as we speak. nice, thick wrinkle flat black finish. what we got is not a prerunner bar but simply a light bar ($40 option). kyle told me that prerunner bar will run more money. did you get your skid plate as well? mine has not come in yet.

· Registered
2,592 Posts
Oh, I didnt know we had to specify. I wanted what jeff has. Oh well. I can cut it off and weld on a bettr one if it looks out of place. And no I didnt get a skid plate. How much are they?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.