Nissan Frontier Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
I wish recumbents fit. I couldn't even fit it in our four door wrangler or any of our other mid size suvs
I'm a mountain bike guy, but those recumbents are pretty interesting to ride haha

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
Its awesome. I have to ride recumbent because i have broken and badly healed bones in my wrists. It hurts to ride regular bikes for more then 10 miles.

I ride a lightning p38. Its a lazy boy on wheels, ha ha ha. I have done multiple 100 mile rides on it though

Mine is the one with spoke wheels. My buddy gilbert has the mag wheels on his. Mine is a 2000 or 2002 model, by the serial number. Its all ultegra/105 components though so its nice. Its also fast. I have been to 40mph on the flats once or twice and do 30mph on all the group rides in some of our speed segments on strava

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I have a King Cab and occasionally my teenagers have to ride in those tiny jump sears. We all joke about it but it works fine fir short drives. I do put my seat forward a bit and same goes with my wife in the front passenger seat to allow a bit extra legroom in back. Fir family trips we ordinarily take her Mazda5.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Fir family trips we ordinarily take her Mazda5.
Also a great car. Third row leg room is pretty good too. Had I known about them, I would've gotten one in lieu of the Mazda3 I picked up back in '08 or so.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have a King Cab and occasionally my teenagers have to ride in those tiny jump sears. We all joke about it but it works fine fir short drives. I do put my seat forward a bit and same goes with my wife in the front passenger seat to allow a bit extra legroom in back. Fir family trips we ordinarily take her Mazda5.

It's cool that you can squeeze your kids into the king cab seats, but
the fact that you have to do so makes the point that the king cab seats
are not valid seating. I bought my king cab after my kids were grown and
the grand kids were still small... no one could fit in those seats. I'm
pretty sure that the sales guy that rode back there for our test drive
spent the rest of the day at the chiropractor. He couldn't even open the
door, he had to ask me to let him out.

·
Super Moderator
10,394 Posts
It’s been written about in many trade publications that rear seat passengers in a king cab fair poorly in collisions, in 1997 when my second child was born I sold my king cab hardbody (only 2 years old) and bought a Quest minivan so they had safe room and rocked that until 2000 when the Frontier was offered in a crew cab.

Clint

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,561 Posts
I just unloaded my tools from my 1st Gen King Cab and climbed in to sit on the jumper just to see what it's like. It's definitely not passenger friendly.
I can only imagine how uncomfortable it would be for me to drive if there was a jumper on the driver side with someone sitting in it. I'd have to drive with the steering wheel in my chest to allow for a lil space for someone to sit behind me.

The King Cab is definitely nothing more than extra storage space.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just carried 8 sheets of paneling, bunch of 2x4’s. Bunch of trim. Glad for the 6ft bed! Don’t see many work trucks around here with 5ft beds.

·
Registered
Great truck
1,020 Posts
We just came home with drywall in the crew cab. Had to put the bed extender in the back seat but other than, it was fine

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Even I can fit back there but it’s not comfortable. You have to fold your legs funny - sort of like a frog. Both my teens are 5’6 and trimmer than me and fit better. It’s ok for short hops. The occupants need a sense of humour and adventur, thus a teen or a-trim adult likely is a better bet than a child as kids these days seem to expect lots of room in huge vehicles. Plus daughter now has her own car. The real answer Of course us fir folks to is test drive And if it doesn’t meet your needs get a crew cab. Before I bought my truck I tried it myself and brought the teenagers along. No way my wife could get in there. They are intended to give a person a lift, not go on a family vacation 😁

Reactions: busemans

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Oh, and I’ll add that the fears seats still offer better room than say the back seat of a Mustsng or Canaro, thinking headroom here. Think 2 plus 2 just like many sport coupes, 2 comfy seats up front and a torture chamber in the rear. That said, my daughters friends were very happy to ride there during a heavy rain 😀

81 - 92 of 92 Posts