Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, one of my Dad's friends just bought a really sick used fronty for a work truck. Its an 07 SE king cab in that canteen green color. Anyways he stopped by today and I talked to him about a bunch of stuff with our trucks, etc. He had already been talking to me before he bough it.

The only thing wrong with it is he said the king cab drivers side door is rattling really bad. We looked at it and is some type of latching issue or something. When you close it you can rattle it really bad at the bottom. I know Ive seen someone talking about this before, but I couldnt find it on here. Anyone know a common fix for this? Thanks.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hey guys, one of my Dad's friends just bought a really sick used fronty for a work truck. Its an 07 SE king cab in that canteen green color. Anyways he stopped by today and I talked to him about a bunch of stuff with our trucks, etc. He had already been talking to me before he bough it.

The only thing wrong with it is he said the king cab drivers side door is rattling really bad. We looked at it and is some type of latching issue or something. When you close it you can rattle it really bad at the bottom. I know Ive seen someone talking about this before, but I couldnt find it on here. Anyone know a common fix for this? Thanks.
When you open the door you'll see a U shaped striker at the bottom of the cab. Mark around the stiker plate with some masking tape. Loosen the two torx head bolts, the stiker plate should move. If it doesn't, rap it with a rubber mallet or a block of wood, sometimes they stick. Once loose, bring the stiker back to its taped mark and adjust accordingly, go a little at a time (1/32nd) till the rattle goes away. Should do the trick. If not, then the lower latch may have a problem.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
yes sounds like the striker needs to be moved in

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet. Thanks man. Yah I figured it was probably something with the latch down there or something. I just called him up and explained what you said and he's gonna try to fix it later. Im sure that should do the trick just pushing it in a little to hold the door in all the way. Thanks man.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mine was like that from the factory. First thing I did to it other than put on the bug guard in the parking lot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts