Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I know there has been some talk on here in the past about a kill switch in our trucks(like a switch that has to be 'on' in order for the truck to start). Was wondering if anyone had done this?

figured it would be as easy as like putting a switch in the hot wire of the ignition.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
dunno about your question but great band!:thumbsup:
:laugh:

i'mnot sure of anyone doing it, but it isn't very difficult. are youl looking to kill everything connected to the battery or just the starter? cause cutting out everything would probaby get annoying...loosing your radio pre-sets everytime....re-setting the clock....

if it's just the starter then just cut the wire from the ignition harness (or whereever you want to) and run a switch somewhere.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
if you have full coverage insurance, and the factory immobilizer system i don't think you need a kill switch. the factor alarm will deter any amature hoodlums from taking your truck on a joy ride. If your truck is spotted by someone that is determined, sadly they will have it... but for install you should cut off the ignition and not the battery for the above said reasons.

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
^^True.. if someone absolutely wants your truck more than you, they will get it one way or another. I'm a huge procrastinator but car insurance- full coverage is one of the few things I'm always on top of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts