Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Nissan frontier SE-V6 King Cab 4x4 5 Speed Manual Transmission
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to install a stock keyless entry system on my 2001 Nissan Frontier SE-V6 king cab. my truck has factory power locks but no keyless entry system. im looking to install a factory keyless entry system on the truck with oem nissan 2001 remote. has anyone done this? thanks.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,371 Posts
Im looking to install a stock keyless entry system on my 2001 Nissan Frontier SE-V6 king cab. my truck has factory power locks but no keyless entry system. im looking to install a factory keyless entry system on the truck with oem nissan 2001 remote. has anyone done this? thanks.
Are you sure that your truck doesn't have a SECU?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
is there a way to know if i have this?
On my 04 it's directly above the gas pedal but your 01 might have it in a different location.
Check the FSM for your year model.

Here's a link to the FSM.
The FSM is in sections so you may want to download the alphabetical index first to locate the section(s) that has the SECU or power locks or keyless entry.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On my 04 it's directly above the gas pedal but your 01 might have it in a different location.
Check the FSM for your year model.

Here's a link to the FSM.
The FSM is in sections so you may want to download the alphabetical index first to locate the section(s) that has the SECU or power locks or keyless entry.
i just saw a different discussion where someone’s SECU broke and his dome light, chime, and power locks went out. the same happened to me a week ago. my dome lights and chime went out and now recently my door locks! i think my SECU might’ve broke last week.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
i just saw a different discussion where someone’s SECU broke and his dome light, chime, and power locks went out. the same happened to me a week ago. my dome lights and chime went out and now recently my door locks! i think my SECU might’ve broke last week.
Have you checked all fuses?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Read post #8
ahh i see now. thank you so much for the help! im now thinking of just buying a factory key fob and trying to program it. i just wanna first figure out the door chime, dome light and power lock issue first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm the one who lost all keyless entry on my 04 Frontier, when I shorted out my dome light. It turned out to be the accessory fuse on the bottom row, right side of the fuse box.
i was wiring up a pair of aftermarket tweeters when i noticed my dome lights stopped working. the next day my chime stopped working!! i started to get really worried my truck had electrical issues. the next week my power locks also went out and only worked when the ignition was on. i started to look more into this issue and saw a post about the back up fuse under the hood and then i also saw a post about the SECU. what issues did you have with your truck?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i was wiring up a pair of aftermarket tweeters when i noticed my dome lights stopped working. the next day my chime stopped working!! i started to get really worried my truck had electrical issues. the next week my power locks also went out and only worked when the ignition was on. i started to look more into this issue and saw a post about the back up fuse under the hood and then i also saw a post about the SECU. what issues did you have with your truck?
I had everything you listed happen all at once when I touched the metal fixture of the dome light with one end of the bulb while putting it in. There are two accessory fuses on the bottom row of the inside cab dash fuse box. I blew the one on the right side bottom. I had just ordered a used secu box for $50 when I decided to check more fuses. I canceled the order about 10min after I placed it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had everything you listed happen all at once when I touched the metal fixture of the dome light with one end of the bulb while putting it in. There are two accessory fuses on the bottom row of the inside cab dash fuse box. I blew the one on the right side bottom. I had just ordered a used secu box for $50 when I decided to check more fuses. I canceled the order about 10min after I placed it.
could you send me a link to an SECU box for a 2001 frontier SE-V6 king cab. ima need one anyways for the keyless entry system. but i’ll have to check all my fuses and see what’s wrong.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts