Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I searched for a good 20 minutes and can't find what I need to know. I am sure it has been covered before, but I am probably using hte wrong search terms...

On my 08 LE, I have the keyless entry. My complaint with that is that when I use it to lock it, it honks the horn the first time. On my Mazda, I had it to hit twice in order for it to beep.

Any way that can be easily reprogrammed to lock on the first one, but not beep unless I hit it again?

·
Super Moderator
11,738 Posts
If you hold the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for a few seconds the remote will lock without the horn beep. You will only have the lights flash for confirmation that you pressed the button. Hold them both again and the horn will sound again. That's your only choice on a Nissan.

Clint

·
Registered
23 Posts
For any one who didn't know you can add Keyless entry to just about any Nissan with remote tire sensors, they are part of the same sensor. All you need is a key fob. I did it to an 08 Sentra that didn't come with keyless entry, it cost me 15 bucks for a remote worked like a champ.

·
Registered
62 Posts
For any one who didn't know you can add Keyless entry to just about any Nissan with remote tire sensors, they are part of the same sensor. All you need is a key fob. I did it to an 08 Sentra that didn't come with keyless entry, it cost me 15 bucks for a remote worked like a champ.
I've been wondering about this. I have TPMS on my '07 SE. What sort of fob do you need? Can I just walk into a dealer and ask them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts