Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my frontier back after an extended shop stay (~5 months). It's a long story, my mechanic had some health issues and I have 3 other cars so I wasn't in a rush. That said, I got the truck home and tried to lock it with the fob and nothing... I went in and grabbed my wife's keys & fob, nothing... I grabbed my spare fob, nothing...

Is there any way the remotes can get cleared out of the programming if the battery is disconnected for an extended period? I've never had this issue with any vehicle before... It's ball freezing cold right now or I would go out and try reprogramming them, just thought I'd check for any ideas or see if it's common with Nissan/Frontiers.

·
Registered
190 Posts
One other comment- it wouldn't hurt to have your battery tested and charged since it sat for a long while. I've read elsewhere that a battery that is just low enough could still start the truck but prevent the fobs from working.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One other comment- it wouldn't hurt to have your battery tested and charged since it sat for a long while. I've read elsewhere that a battery that is just low enough could still start the truck but prevent the fobs from working.
That's a weird one and it's funny you mentioned it. The battery is a bit weak after sitting and probably past due for a new one.

I went out and was able to get 2 of the remotes reprogrammed (the 1 original and only 1 of the ebay fobs). I couldn't get 2 to work for anything. I popped in new batteries and still nothing. Not sure what to make of that...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts