Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a Key Fob Cover I got Off of E-Bay

Here it is Installed.Looks like This will Really help if you Shove your Keys in your Front Pocket like I do.Might help to keep the Wear (down) on them.

I put a Red one on my Extra Key Fob so I can find It.
When I can't Find:laugh:My CAMO One.
They got Several Colors /Red/Yellow/Blue/Orange/Black/Gray/Pink/Purple and Camo
The Jacketstore . com Home of the Keyless Remote Protective Cover

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
camouflage ftw!!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
hmm ...

I'd like to see someone come up with a waterproof jacket for these bad boys. Also there should have a slidable cover over the "alarm", cause I'm always firing the damn horn off each time I bend over to pick something up.

I guess thats why they call it a FOB .. Falking Obnoxious Bugger.

d-mo

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just got the same one from the same seller! I got it in black, though. I used to set my frikin panic alarm off twice a week, at least. And who knows if my truck ever stayed locked. So far, this seems to help. What was it, $8 with free shipping? That reminds me: I need to leave feedback...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just got the same one from the same seller! I got it in black, though. I used to set my frikin panic alarm off twice a week, at least. And who knows if my truck ever stayed locked. So far, this seems to help. What was it, $8 with free shipping? That reminds me: I need to leave feedback...
I don't know about yours, but I know if I unlock it with the FOB I have about a minute to open the door or it relocks on me.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That doesn't happen to me, but have you tried this to see if the system resets?

The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of performing Step #2:
c To change AUTO UNLOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
c To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard warning lights will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard warning lights will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine doesn't autolock or unlock. I didn't know I could change it. I'll have to try it. I would like it to lock when I start moving and unlock when I shut it off. I assume this is the features you are talking about.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, the logic being that they are presumably controlled by the same system, so turning it off/on (on/off in your case) could fix your issue.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't really think it's a problem. Sometimes it's actually nice, you just have to remember that it does that. I would like it to lock and unlock when I'm driving.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Kind of like the FOB covers but if they are anything like my DROID cover then they are lint collectors - ALWAYS cleaning that damn thing !

as far as the auto-lock feature, my '10 auto-locks after a minute, when i had me LEER 700 installed i got the auto locking feature and they had a hell of a time getting it programmed right because of it

·
Registered
318 Posts
That doesn't happen to me, but have you tried this to see if the system resets?

The automatic lock and unlock functions can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of performing Step #2:
c To change AUTO UNLOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (UNLOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
c To change AUTO LOCK settings: push and hold the power door lock switch to the position (LOCK) for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard warning lights will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard warning lights will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.
Must be for the newer models. I tried this and It didn't work, but mine is an '05

1 - 14 of 14 Posts