Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Kenwood DPX-701 and I am wondering if anyone knows what wiring adapter to use to hook up to factory wiring harness? Also where to get it?

---------------
2006 CC 4X4 SE

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
There are 2 companies that make the harness that plugs into factory scosche or metra, here are the part numbers:
Scosche: NN03
Metra:70-7550

You should be able to pick it up at any bestbuy or circuit city. Also check any local sound and security shops!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Kenwood DPX-701 - what/where to get wiring adapter

Mind if I ask how much you go tthe head unit for and where you got it? I was looking at the same deck myself for the USB interface and the upcoming bluetooth adapter.

rdickey said:
I just ordered a Kenwood DPX-701 and I am wondering if anyone knows what wiring adapter to use to hook up to factory wiring harness? Also where to get it?

---------------
2006 CC 4X4 SE

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
re kenwood - purchased at http://www.salectronics.com

I ordered it from salectronics.com. Should receive in a week I guess. About $296. Cheapest I found and hopefully the place I got it from works out.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wiring adapter part numbers for wiring...

Thanks gfronty05. Those part numbers are a great help!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: wiring adapter part numbers for wiring...

Does it require a new bracket or trim ring to fit?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there are some pictures on here somewhere, it fits nice....the pics may be of the DPX-301, but it is the same size....double din....

·
Registered
14 Posts
So all I need for the install is the wiring harness? If thats the case I may order from a non-Crutchfield source and save some money...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: re kenwood - purchased at http://www.salectronics.com

Hey Rdicky, would you let me know how your experience with Salectronics goes. If you end up getting a good product I'm going to order the DPX501 from them. I have read mixed reviews on the internet about them so I'm alittle cautious.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll let you know if everything is good... supposed to get it today...

rd

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received the new Kenwood HU yesterday. Everything looks great. Quite a radio, may take me a lifetime to learn how to use all of it!!! Lookin' forward to hooking up a USB drive to see how it works!!! Should have it installed in a few days....

thanks for the harness offer, I already purchased on in anticipation of the install...

rd

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Installed the Kenwood DPX-701 and it works great. Looks great too. I will post some pics here when I get a chance. Had to reset the airbag light because it started blinking!! Did that based on instructions in another post....that was a lifesaver!! Wiring harness did not have a black ground wire so I grounded it to the radio bracket. Seems to work fine. I used a wiring adapter I purchased from Best Buy. Teh radio has a USB slot in the front so I tried out a flash drive with mp3's and wma's and the songs played just fine.

Order, shipping etc were all fine. No problems from the Internet retailer.

rd

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wanted to get the 701 from crutchfield but it was about $450 so I was going to settle for the 501. However if I can get the 701for $289 from saletronic I'm all over that :D

Looking forward to some pics.

Roy

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like the Kenwood DPX-701for the USB also. I have a 80gb laptop HD in a very small usb case. It's just begging to be my music box.

Darren in Bakersfield

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Installed with trim.....

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
another view of install

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Looks good. I believe the kids are getting this for me for fathers day :)

Roy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts