Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a place that is selling it for 800 installed and they will throw in a free backup camera. Will this unit fit in our fronties?

What do you guys think of this unit? I have just started my research on a navigation/dvd player and it seems like this is a good unit. Are there better units out there around the same price range. Please let me know because I plan on getting one today. Thanks -Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Found a place that is selling it for 800 installed and they will throw in a free backup camera. Will this unit fit in our fronties?

What do you guys think of this unit? I have just started my research on a navigation/dvd player and it seems like this is a good unit. Are there better units out there around the same price range. Please let me know because I plan on getting one today. Thanks -Mike

I think that is a great deal. There are always places on the "net" you can find something a little cheaper, but if you are picking it up locally and they are throwing in the back-up cam, I think its a great deal.

If it was me, I would just purchase the equipment and do the install myself. It is not difficult and you will know it is installed correctly. JMO.

Good luck, post pics if you decide to purchase..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have the 5140

I recently installed the 5140 in my '09 SE. Looks great. I am not sure if the 6140 is similar in size (double din) ...but if so the Meta kit works well.

As to the price, if that is the installed price and the back up cam is a decent one, I would say go with it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The 6140 is dynamite. Have had mine almost two weeks now in my '09. That's a great price if they're legit. There is a $100 Kenwood rebate from an authorized dealer. I paid $949 plus install. For them to sell it for $800 and throw in a camera and installation seems a little too good a deal to me.

I got the XM module and the iPOD interface.

The only drawback to this unit is it has only one USB port so you have to decide if you want it exposed for access (the iPOD interface plugs into it) for other devices, assuming you also go for the iPOD interface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts