Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2019 nissan frontier sv
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to keep all my factory Features. I got in touch with the guy at Plugnplaykits.com where I purchased a harness to add bass and asked if there was anything that would improve the sound quality of the factory speakers without happening to cut wires and possibly lose one of the features in the truck. The guy said the kicker key! They make the harness that plugs right in. Boy it was a great purchase. It sounds amazing I highly recommend.

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV CC
27 Posts
I'm more of an "upgrade everything advocate" type person but glad this worked out for you. I can understand wanting to stay more or less stock as possible especially on a new vehicle and this seems like a good option.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
Wanting to keep all my factory Features. I got in touch with the guy at Plugnplaykits.com where I purchased a harness to add bass and asked if there was anything that would improve the sound quality of the factory speakers without happening to cut wires and possibly lose one of the features in the truck. The guy said the kicker key! They make the harness that plugs right in. Boy it was a great purchase. It sounds amazing I highly recommend.
Which Kit did you actually buy? I'm curious what this guy is charging on top for a pre-wired solution.

·
Registered
2019 nissan frontier sv
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased the kicker key with rca for the bass. It made a huge difference in sound.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
What about the midrange and treble? Fidelity is a many splendored thing.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
$200 - Kicker Key 180.4 Amplifier
$24 - Axxess Line-Output Converter AXLOCM-150
$20 - 20-pin Combined "Breakout" Harness
$6 - Tesa tape
TOTAL $250 (parts only, retail pricing)

...Dude's making at least $75 to just connect an LOC into a breakout that only takes like, 15 minutes. Not bad.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
$6 - Tesa tape

...Dude's making at least $75 to just connect an LOC into a breakout that only takes like, 15 minutes. Not bad.
The beauties of Capitalism. It literally keeps the wheels turning.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
$6 - Tesa tape

And for those of us who have no idea what you just said, $75 sounds like a fair price to pay for a plug and play solution. I've actually never head of this before; I'm going to look into it.

·
Premium Member
5,551 Posts
And for those of us who have no idea what you just said, $75 sounds like a fair price to pay for a plug and play solution. I've actually never head of this before; I'm going to look into it.
What I said was basically it's just a pre-installed Line-Output Converter (LOC) with simple plug-n-play ends.
If one were to DIY it's simply connecting 5 wires to the factory harness.
If not, then pay the extra $75. Nothing wrong with that.

I'd connect 5 wires for someone for $75 too :)

·
Registered
2019 nissan frontier sv
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The kicker key is a great add on

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts