Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get new lift coils and set the shocks to a lower setting

Votes: 3 100.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newer member here but recently lifted my 2019 crew cab pro 4x. Used an AAL pack and bilstein 5100 setup in the rear and bilstein 5100 set to 2" in the front while keeping the OEM coil springs. If I get new coils I'm looking at the Alldog Offroad front medium coils. I love how my truck rides using the shocks to lift but have heard it's a bit better to have springs do the lifting and not the shocks due to pre-load. Currently at 2" in the front and 1.5" in the rear and would prefer to keep at 2" in the front as I read on the pro 4x models the springs typically give 1.5" of lift. Would it be wise to get the new coils and set the shocks to 1/2" to keep the 2" lift or to keep my OEM coils and keep the shocks at 2" of lift.

Much appreciated guys and I can't say enough how much I love my truck.

Current modifications:
Full set of heftyfab works steel skids
Bilstein 5100's front and rear with a rear AAL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you like the ride just keep it as is. The springs will sag eventually, then get new springs.
Thank you sir. Probably the best option. Love the bilstein's and the 4600's we took off are still basically brand new a 11K miles in.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just installed the 5100's with the all dogs coils. All dogs advice to me on doing what your talking about was is that it is possible but they recommended not doing it unless you have a winch bumper on your truck. What I did was install a 1/4 inch spacer on top of the 5100's to get another 1/2 inch in lift. I have no coil bucket contact with the spacer installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just installed the 5100's with the all dogs coils. All dogs advice to me on doing what your talking about was is that it is possible but they recommended not doing it unless you have a winch bumper on your truck. What I did was install a 1/4 inch spacer on top of the 5100's to get another 1/2 inch in lift. I have no coil bucket contact with the spacer installed.
Thank you my friend! Where did you get the spacer from if I may ask

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you my friend! Where did you get the spacer from if I may ask
I made my spacers but all dogs offers some on their website. Also I rember reading here on club frontier about some that were made for toyotas out of polyurethane that a guy modified to make them fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts