Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere if you're running stock Nismo wheels with Cst spindles you cannot have bigger than stock size tires on. Is this true?

I ask because I plan on running Cst spindles, PRG UCAs and coilovers. I would like to get some 285/75s and keep my stock Nismos.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
dan (nizmo4x2) has 285/75 on nismo rims with his cst spindles.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I believe they are trying to say that the sidewalls of the wheels may come into contact with the CST spindle if you try to go with a larger tire. Now another thing to remember is that not all 285/75 are the same. Some are larger then others (diameter and total width) so that is something to take into account. It may be worth installing the lift with the stock tires, then measure the distance between the center of the wheel and the spindle (times this by 2 and this is your max width). Then backtrack to which tire fits the measurements, just make sure the tire is smaller then the max you calculated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dan (nizmo4x2) has 285/75 on nismo rims with his cst spindles.
I guess it should work with the UCAs and coilovers then.

I was looking at 285/75 16 TerraGrapplers on stock Nismos.

BTW, I read that you couldn't run bigger tires on some website selling the spindles. Anyways, thanks guys!

:)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You could always run spacers if you needed to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
BTW, I read that you couldn't run bigger tires on some website selling the spindles. Anyways, thanks guys!

:)
I've got the 285-75 r16 Toyo Mt's on my stock Nismo wheels with no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts