Nissan Frontier Forum banner

KC Apollo Pro 5” lights in bumper

16K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  Frontier14 
#1 · (Edited)

Just finished installing my x-mas gifts last night. Factory style LED fog lights and KC Hilites 5” Apollo pro spread beam lights in the bumper. My hands are beat to ****. I also used Air-On-Board factory switches in the dash so I don’t have funky non-matching Switches. What do you all think?
Gesture Communication Device Font Gadget Electronic device

Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot Portable communications device

See less See more
#4 ·
That looks awesome!
Please tell me if you needed to do anything special with the switch or if it worked right out of the box?
Mine is still in transit!
A member here Mentioned that you had to add diodes and resistors to make it work on our trucks?

#8 ·
That looks awesome!
Please tell me if you needed to do anything special with the switch or if it worked right out of the box?
Mine is still in transit!
A member here Mentioned that you had to add diodes and resistors to make it work on our trucks?
I spliced the amber dashlight lead (green wire from switch) into a blue wire from the down hill control switch. Ran the ACC power across the dash to an unused ACC fuse in the fuse box using some wire and an piggyback fuse.

#7 ·
I mounted them directly to the plastic grill. It seems to be pretty sturdy and the Apollo pros are a lightweight polymer housing so I’m not concerned. I had to disassemble the black lower grill from the bumper. It is just a small 10mm screw on both sides , 4 10mm screws below and a bunch of clips around the perimeter. Take your time

#6 ·
Nice!

#18 ·
Where in the cramped engine bay did you feed through the firewall? Did you use an existing grommet? I was already planning on something similar with light pods mounted where yours are so I'm stoked I found your post. Glad to hear the AOB switch I have ordered will work too...
Cheers

#19 ·
I used the small dime-sized rubber grommet located next to the main harness grommet on the driver’s side firewall. Just make sure to push wires through from the cab side towards the engine bay. This willl prevent you from loosing your grommet between the carpet/insulation and cabside firewall.

#33 ·
Have any pics at night time with the lights on and off? I thought the KC lights would be outdated as the one's I see on the road are halogen.... or at least look like halogen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.