Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab S
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just finished installing my x-mas gifts last night. Factory style LED fog lights and KC Hilites 5” Apollo pro spread beam lights in the bumper. My hands are beat to ****. I also used Air-On-Board factory switches in the dash so I don’t have funky non-matching Switches. What do you all think?
Gesture Communication Device Font Gadget Electronic device

Communication Device Gadget Font Screenshot Portable communications device

·
Banned
1,125 Posts
I like it! It looks awesome...nice job! (y)

·
Registered
862 Posts

Just finished installing my x-mas gifts last night. Factory style LED fog lights and KC Hilites 5” Apollo pro spread beam lights in the bumper. My hands are beat to ****. I also used Air-On-Board factory switches in the dash so I don’t have funky non-matching Switches. What do you all think?
View attachment 342032
View attachment 342031
That looks awesome!
Please tell me if you needed to do anything special with the switch or if it worked right out of the box?
Mine is still in transit!
A member here Mentioned that you had to add diodes and resistors to make it work on our trucks?

·
Registered
66 Posts
This looks awesome!

To what did you mount the lights? Can you provide a pic of your mounting point?

This is similar to what I want to do

--Exco

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
230 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This looks awesome!

--Exco
I mounted them directly to the plastic grill. It seems to be pretty sturdy and the Apollo pros are a lightweight polymer housing so I’m not concerned. I had to disassemble the black lower grill from the bumper. It is just a small 10mm screw on both sides , 4 10mm screws below and a bunch of clips around the perimeter. Take your time

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks awesome!
Please tell me if you needed to do anything special with the switch or if it worked right out of the box?
A member here Mentioned that you had to add diodes and resistors to make it work on our trucks?
I spliced the amber dashlight lead (green wire from switch) into a blue wire from the down hill control switch. Ran the ACC power across the dash to an unused ACC fuse in the fuse box using some wire and an piggyback fuse.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This looks awesome!

--Exco

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
So it was as simple as drilling a hole in the bumper? I was thinking it would be more complicated than that LOL

Thanks for the pics!

--Exco

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it was as simple as drilling a hole in the bumper? I was thinking it would be more complicated than that LOL

Thanks for the pics!

--Exco

Thanks for the pics!

--Exco
Drill/remove lower grill from bumper. Then nut/washer/locking washer under

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That looks awesome!
No diodes or resistors for my install. I pretty much bypassed the factory Nissan harness with only tapping into one dash light wire. My ACC power for the switches was from the ACC fuse box by the glovebox. I used a “Dealer Accessory” unused fuse to piggyback into with an add-a-fuse. I wanted the turn on/off the lights only when the truck is on. I can turn them on independently from the headlights/parking lights. Next step is swapping out the 55w KC bulbs with 100w.

·
Registered
862 Posts
No diodes or resistors for my install. I pretty much bypassed the factory Nissan harness with only tapping into one dash light wire. My ACC power for the switches was from the ACC fuse box by the glovebox. I used a “Dealer Accessory” unused fuse to piggyback into with an add-a-fuse. I wanted the turn on/off the lights only when the truck is on. I can turn them on independently from the headlights/parking lights. Next step is swapping out the 55w KC bulbs with 100w.
Glad to hear!
When I made a thread about those switches, someone commented essentially saying: "Good luck with those switches". They said that they simply wouldn't work right out of the box without some modifications. And I'm far from knowledgeable on any of this!
It was very discouraging!

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
342 Posts

View attachment 342032
View attachment 342031
Those lights look really good!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It was a bit complicated pulling off the lower grill but worth it for a clean look with no exposed hardware
It is during these complicated projects that it's handy having a son that works in a body shop, and his primary job is to disassemble and reassemble vehicles. He knows pretty much how all vehicles are put together (some are done better than others).

--Exco

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where in the cramped engine bay did you feed through the firewall? Did you use an existing grommet? I was already planning on something similar with light pods mounted where yours are so I'm stoked I found your post. Glad to hear the AOB switch I have ordered will work too...
Cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where in the cramped engine bay did you feed through the firewall? Did you use an existing grommet? I was already planning on something similar with light pods mounted where yours are so I'm stoked I found your post. Glad to hear the AOB switch I have ordered will work too...
Cheers
I used the small dime-sized rubber grommet located next to the main harness grommet on the driver’s side firewall. Just make sure to push wires through from the cab side towards the engine bay. This willl prevent you from loosing your grommet between the carpet/insulation and cabside firewall.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the small dime-sized rubber grommet located next to the main harness grommet on the driver’s side firewall. Just make sure to push wires through from the cab side towards the engine bay. This willl prevent you from loosing your grommet between the carpet/insulation and cabside firewall.
This little guy in the red circle here?
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

Also, where did you mount the relay? Thanks for the assist!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts