"Click on the links (URL Links) to each project"
Username:UnknownNugget
Year: 2001
Make: Nissan
Model: S-Pickup Navara
Color: White

Interior:
Interior Before
2013 Dash swap & steering column indicator stalk/wiper stalk.
2006 Door cards & interior pieces
2006 Centre Console
Repainted interior pieces (Gloss Black)
Repainted roof lining (Black)
Vinyl out carpet in
SAAS Steering wheel
Power door lock & Power windows
Carbon wrapped window controls/dash cluster
Centre style
Interior Now

Exterior:
Bonnet & Window protector/shields
Large toolbox swap to bed/tub
Xterra Mirror swap
Current model front end swap
3" Projectors & Halo rings
Antenna delete cap

Drivetrain:
Automatic to 5 speed swap
Trooper Rear Axle swap 4.555 LSD & Disc brakes
Custom tail shaft

Suspension & Tires:
Dynamic sunraisers

Performance:
Spare engine ka24e
Port & polish head / SuperTech titanium springs, Celica Collets, New valve buckets & shims
Manley Rods & Pistons

In Progress/Upcoming:
Garrett/borg/precision turbo, 1300cc Inj, FMIC, Haltech, flex fuel e85, 450 walbro, Coil ignition swap, 2.5" or 3" Exhaust system.
Electric PS setup
Intake manifold swap
Hardlid for tub
Centre handbrake swap(From dash mount)
Change seats, small sub etc
seatbelts(repaint?) & dash

·
Registered
407 Posts
FYI....with all that extra horsepower, please remember to update the brakes BEFORE you go for your first testride!!......You're gonna need them to slow that Beast down once you are done!!! Back in the day when I was into 240SX's, I'd seen many a KA24DE turbo upgrades, but upgrading the brakes wasn't thought of till AFTER they went for that first ride in the turbo powered KA24DE-T!!!

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI....with all that extra horsepower, please remember to update the brakes BEFORE you go for your first testride!!......You're gonna need them to slow that Beast down once you are done!!! Back in the day when I was into 240SX's, I'd seen many a KA24DE turbo upgrades, but upgrading the brakes wasn't thought of till AFTER they went for that first ride in the turbo powered KA24DE-T!!!
What's your thoughts on this then?
1990 Isuzu Trooper axle G80
Which you can find in this in the post, above

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have no clue....you'll have to ask these guys....

I hung out with / knew several members that had upgraded their KA24DE motors to turbo powered, but I never asked them what they did to their drive train. I kept my 240SX stock as it was my daily driver & couldn't afford the down time to upgrade, nor the costs...

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no clue....you'll have to ask these guys....

I hung out with / knew several members that had upgraded their KA24DE motors to turbo powered, but I never asked them what they did to their drive train. I kept my 240SX stock as it was my daily driver & couldn't afford the down time to upgrade, nor the costs...
All gucci,

Some of the options hardbody d21 boys suggest are the v6/frontier dual piston front or a Z32 all round set up.

I have so far swapped the rear drums for calipers & rotors with a stock dual piston up front I will look into it further for better braking.
Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
I DID do the Z32 brake swap on my 240SX....and that was on my STOCK 5 speed 2.4 liter KA24DE motor...and I LOVED IT!!! Drove that thing like a MADMAN!!!

Bout the only problem I heard about the Z32 brake swap for the rears was getting the proper linkage to get the parking brakes to work....???..... Since I never upgraded my rear brakes on my 240SX it wasn't an issue for me....

Sounds like you got everything under control.... That truck's gonna be an absolute MONSTER once you get it all set up & running!!! You might have to throw some cement bags in the back to keep the backend from fishtailin' all over the place......Have fun with it!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still using standard rear drums, just adjusted the load sensing valve. Upgraded front rotors to slotted/dimpled with HD Bendix pads. Pulls up from over 200kph well, even in an emergency stop it only just locked the rears at about 40kph.

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still using standard rear drums, just adjusted the load sensing valve. Upgraded front rotors to slotted/dimpled with HD Bendix pads. Pulls up from over 200kph well, even in an emergency stop it only just locked the rears at about 40kph.
Slotted & dimpled or ?
That's on my list but I might look into the v6 2wd knuckle as it's supposedly a bigger rotor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is what I have, RDA 618D DIMPLED SLOTTED NISSAN NAVARA D22 6/00-12/05 FRONT DISC ROTORS D-260 mm
I bought them from Brakepadsonline.

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome to see another turbo truck! I also really like the Navara bed in comparison to the US spec bed. I'd love to see more pictures of what you have done.
The nav bed is growing on me!

Click on the words above that have an underline under them, those are the ones where I have made an album that you can go see the photos/updates instead of me constantly posting to this thread.

I'll comment on this thread when each project is completed.

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Engine is back in!
Fresh rebuild- just want to get some cosmetic changes, new brakes before putting the turbo parts on.

-Check my albums for updates

·
Registered
2001 Nissan D22
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What brakes/rotors did you get?
Haven't ordered any yet, but my local brake shop can order drilled& slotted for my G80 diff.

They told me to come in and discuss what brakes I'm looking at to see if it's applicable for what it'll be used for.

Not right now, I'm waiting for the wreckers to re-open so I can grab some front end panels for a front end swap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts