Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey offroaders of Clubfrontier!
If you're in the area and want a cool little trip over SE OK's mountains come join me and a boatload of Jeeps on this EVENT. If you don't have FB, but want details, I can copy/paste in Private Messages or give you my number as I don't want to copy the event details and make this post really long.

A quick summary:

I went on a similar trip last year. 90% Jeeps, a Ford Bronco, a 2016 Taco, and my 2015 Pro-4x. Let's get some more Nissans to represent!

Trip begins by leaving from 3-Sticks Monument at 8am Saturday November 12. The three sticks monument is 3 miles south of the US259/SH63 intersection.
We will then travel Ktrail from East to West passing the Firetower and Indian Hwy exiting at the Clayton Trail in Clayton.

Last time I got some hella scratches on this trail. Although talking with the organizer, we will make a point to avoid scratchy areas at all possible this time.

Most folks will camp at Cedar Lake Friday night and Clayton Lake Saturday. For those camping at Cedar lake camp near the boat ramp. Cell coverage is spotty within cedar lake park. Where is Cedar Lake? Latitude 34.780579 longitude -94.695686. From the intersection of 259 and hwy 1 go north to hogden rd then west to campground.

Can my stock/semi-stock vehicle make it? Absolutely. I've taken new JKs and FJs that were bone stock as well as stock CJs through the trail. Ye, I took my stock Pro-4x last year. this year I'll have a 2" lift, and it should be no problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hit the FB Event page. I am free that weekend and am considering going. Not a huge fan of scratching new paint, but sounds like efforts can be made (route changes) to avoid clear coat striping my new '16Pro4X.
If I do go, day-trip only from Tulsa area.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Finally something in Oklahoma! Thanks for posting this. If you don't mind sending me the details or posting it here?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Nerf bar damage from offroading

I hit the FB Event page. I am free that weekend and am considering going. Not a huge fan of scratching new paint, but sounds like efforts can be made (route changes) to avoid clear coat striping my new '16Pro4X.
If I do go, day-trip only from Tulsa area.
quack4du
Just some friendly advice...
If you are planning on doing some medium to heavy off roading you will want to remove your nerf bars / side steps to prevent damage.
See this thread with the jeep pic and the post below the jeep pic with clubfrontier member "Zebra"'s black frontier...look close at the pic of zedbra truck it kinda hard to see the damage.
Click below to see the tread:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f10/step-rails-nerf-bars-off-road-use-76583/

Reactions: quack4du

·
Registered
38 Posts
I used to off road in a place called Potosi, Mo. Home the famous Sparks AMC/JEEP Challenge.
This new rig isn't really off road ready. But the ride discussed here and on FB is not of the daunting, heavy pucker-factor, rock crawling, inclinomoter limit reaching, 14" minimum required ground clearance, "you-better-have-a-spotter" challenge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to off road in a place called Potosi, Mo. Home the famous Sparks AMC/JEEP Challenge.
This new rig isn't really off road ready. But the ride discussed here and on FB is not of the daunting, heavy pucker-factor, rock crawling, inclinomoter limit reaching, 14" minimum required ground clearance, "you-better-have-a-spotter" challenge.
Correct. the bigger concern is the damn scratchy oak trees on tight trails.

However, other common victims on stock Frontys may be P4X mudflaps, that obnoxious trailer wire harness that nissan stupidly refuses to put in the bumper, and anything attached to your stock hitch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quack and MSN and anyone else interested....

There is a group of Jeepers prerunning the trail this weekend, so we should know about gates and trail clearance. If Joe (the organizer) doesn't let us know about scratchiness, I'll specifically ask him as I know you guys are concerned and I've got a buddy who wants to run it in his 16 Taco as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, so I'm getting ready as I type.
There will be moderate scratchiness and one area of bad scratchiness.
We can either look for a reroute or cut our way through...I'm bringing an axe and loppers and some machetes.
Up to you guys...PM incoming with my number. feel free to call me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm kinda glad you guys didn't go...It was pretty scratchy. Hopefully we can find some scratchy off-roading in the area (the Ozarks maybe?). I'll post up pics and videos in OffRoad when I get them all processed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
K-trail is awesome but I pinstriped the hell outta mine 2 years ago. If any of y'all are looking for an off-road group in Oklahoma we started one a couple years back. ON-TORC (Oklahoma Nissan off-road club) there is a Facebook page and we have all types of rigs including vehicles outside of Toyota and Nissan. We do frequent group meets and off-road trips. This weekend we did an overlanding trip to the Ozark's. I figured I'd post on here since someone posted about something about Oklahoma.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
K-trail is awesome but I pinstriped the hell outta mine 2 years ago. If any of y'all are looking for an off-road group in Oklahoma we started one a couple years back. ON-TORC (Oklahoma Nissan off-road club) there is a Facebook page and we have all types of rigs including vehicles outside of Toyota and Nissan. We do frequent group meets and off-road trips. This weekend we did an overlanding trip to the Ozark's. I figured I'd post on here since someone posted about something about Oklahoma.
I couldn't find the group on FB. You have a link, I'm interested?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good deal! Look forward to getting another frontier in the group.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm kinda glad you guys didn't go...It was pretty scratchy. Hopefully we can find some scratchy off-roading in the area (the Ozarks maybe?). I'll post up pics and videos in OffRoad when I get them all processed.
Well, those scratches are victory stripes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you get into the group goalkeep? If not I can get ahold of some of the admin and get you in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts