Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna put a intake on my Frontier, which one is better to do K&N or Airaid? Power and cost wise ??

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have the AirAid and got it mainly because it was the least expensive available. I have heard the K&N will make more power, but how much more is probably negligible. I really think it all comes down to personal taste. The other thing I liked about the AirAid was the fact it kept the stock tube and Nissan Logo, which covers the front of the engine and gives it a finished appearance. Again this is just my personal preference, others may not care about that aspect. Lastly, it is super simple to install and remove if needed! I'm sure others will be along to share their thoughts on the K&N, so hopefully you'll get the information you need to make an informed decision! Good luck, and keep us posted on what you decide!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't think there is any large difference.

Go with the one you can afford or get the easiest.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
have a look at the aFe intake too. i feel it has a superior/better flowing filter design compared to the two you are considering.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I went with the airaid for two reasons: 1- Price, was the most reasonable between the two, and second the ease of taking off if I have to go into the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I have an Airaid due to price and the way it looks.. keeping the stock Nissan cover. I leave it on when I go to the dealer along w/ my magnaflow exhaust and they never bother me. It all depends on which dealer you go to though. They made a mistake w/ parts so they owe me one big time due to several extra trips I had to make so if they ever hassle me about it I'll just bring that up 8)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
JacksonvilleFrontier said:
out of all those sounded to most reasonale.
Man, lay off the juice! You're slurring your words! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts